1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS #104 - Abstraction

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by amanita, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, all!

Here is a task for the upcoming Collective Shoot #104: Abstraction. Anything goes as long as it is simplified. Doesn't matter if your inside or out, use flash or not, long or short lens, high or low key, ISO has no limits ..... Use your imagination and show us some art. Some examples at the end of the post.

Explanation at Wikipedia: Abstraction

I like the idea of a weekend shoot. So the shooting time frame for this one is from Friday, October 3rd till Monday October 6th 2008. Post your images till Tuesday October 7th 2008. I believe that shorter time frame brings some liveliness into CS and it doesn't turn like ice to water during the week.

Please join us and post images taken within this time frame. Post as many as you like, keep them under 1Mb and 900px on the wider side. Also, to improve responsiveness of the system, do not post more than half a dozen in a single post.

Thanks Dave for invitation!

Here are two example of what I expect you to show:

This is a halogen lamp:
    FL17.

Laundry - bed sheets:
    AH14.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
  2. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Have to go out and specificly shoot for this over the weekend.

3. Thanks and good luck, Tim!

4. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Surprised no one has posted yet . . .

. . . so I'll get this party started.

DSC_4685_Stripes-of-Green_web.

DSC_4711_Mountains-of-Screen_web.

DSC_4705_Spot_web.

DSC_4686_terrain_web.

DSC_4676_Green2Red_web.

Looking forward to seeing what other people post! :cool: 

5. [​IMG]
    Pumpkin Rock. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

[​IMG]
    OX. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

[​IMG]
    Container. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

[​IMG]
    Watchers. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

[​IMG]
    Mushroom Tracks. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

[​IMG]
    Cemetery Flower. Port Dover, Canada. October, 2008.

6. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Nice to see some of the other abstractor's here.
    My add for now.

DSC_4240bw.

7. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    No Time

Ales, I like well done abstracts, but those include very few of my own feeble attempts. In this one, I’ve tried to remove the essential component [a kind of inverse abstraction].

[​IMG]

8. Wow, some great shots have been posted so far. What a great topic! I'd better get busy and shoot.

Bob, I've got a sundial just like yours. Yes, I did check to make sure it's still there. :wink:

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I remembered that from last year. I guess you didn't see me run real quick through your yard this morning:biggrin:

10. Ales -

*Great* topic with superb submissions already.

Here are a few from this afternoon, all taken with the D200 and the Tamron 90mm macro. I hope to grab a few more snaps also.

Thanks,

Eric

original.

View attachment 262211

View attachment 262212

11. as part of ocktoberfest one prime challenge i'm going to shoot every collective shoot so here are my entries for this week.

my official pic for oct 4th

2911055617_dc0cf58a43_o.

two bonus pics from the same day
    2916342322_1cdd823742_b.

2916342858_e28a4d42c2_o.

12. It's a slinky toy

2916127337_ef92b6012f_o.

2916127467_e095d915a4_o.

13. Every single shot posted so far has put a smile on my face. What an enjoyable group of images. :smile:

My efforts

original.

original.

original.

(#1 is the underside of a toadstool, #2 is the bottom of a CD, #3 is a detail of a metal deck chair)

14. Wow, so many good pictures. Thanks and congratulations to you all. I guess I'll have to post some of my own. Let me clear the mess in the office and get back to you.

15. Too late to post? Dang! I had a good one I took on the weekend too...

16. By all means, post your shot!

17. Well . . .

since Dave gave the OK, and since Ales' deadline hasn't yet passed in these parts, here's another attempt at an abstract. This was shot looking through a (now-retired) Olympus wide angle lens that was positioned on top of the subject.

Eric

original.

18. Very good shot, Eric! Like it a lot. And Patti, post yours too.

I am sorry I wasn't much of a host but time difference and me being busy really throws bad light me on. Thanks, Dave, for co-hosting this one.

19. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Too late...but here tis anyway

Bodi%201.

20. Thank you to Ales for being our host and to all who posted your abstracts. This was a most enjoyable Collective Shoot.

Our next host will be Whitecapwendy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.