CS #228 - Solitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Collective Shoot #228
– and thanks to Herschel for giving me the opportunity to be its host.

The theme of this week’s CS is “Solitude”, defined as follows:

- The state or quality of being alone or remote from others.
- A lonely or secluded place.

Here are two examples:

640041055_9Kmo9-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1211811044_Lg8VA-L.jpg

The CS starts on March 10, 2011 (your time) and ends at midnight on March 16 (your time as well). Please post your submissions in this thread.

For further information please check here.

And now: Happy Collective Shooting!

Last edited by a moderator:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Klaus-Peter, first off, I'm happy to see you around these parts! Welcome to the CS and glad to see that you're hosting!

Second, you really expect us to post images now that we've seen what stellar work you've produced? Really??? :tongue: Talk about setting the bar; I don't know if my D300 is up to the challenge!

'Course now, that would give me an excuse to upgrade...hmmm... :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions, and this is a great subject!!

Klaus-Peter, first off, I'm happy to see you around these parts! Welcome to the CS and glad to see that you're hosting!

Second, you really expect us to post images now that we've seen what stellar work you've produced? Really??? :tongue: Talk about setting the bar; I don't know if my D300 is up to the challenge!

'Course now, that would give me an excuse to upgrade...hmmm... :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions, and this is a great subject!!

Thanks much fopr the kind words, Lyndee! I think a D300 is more than fit for the job, on the other hand, it's always good to have a reason to upgrade... :tongue: :wink:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Klaus-Peter,
Now that's nice to meet you here as a host! And the theme solitude, well you can imagine a lot of interpretations of that one. I think it will be a remarkable week! I'll think about this when I have a bit of solitude...

Klaus-Peter,
Now that's nice to meet you here as a host! And the theme solitude, well you can imagine a lot of interpretations of that one. I think it will be a remarkable week! I'll think about this when I have a bit of solitude...

Thanks much, Rob, looking forward to the outcome of your deliberations! :smile:

taken out side the time frame, but seemed fitting...
1191551493_qY9Fk-L.jpg

taken with my Iphone 4 and edited VIA Photoshop App for said phone...

Klaus-Peter,

:smile: A big 'Thank You' for hosting this week!! I expect we're going to see some terrific interpretations for your theme. :wink:

Micah,

:tongue: Reminds me of myself trying to decide what to order from a one item menu. "Hmmm... should I order a Coke, or should I order a Coke?" :biggrin::biggrin:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Herschel, I don't want to be sarcastic, but looking at the person here, it seems to me that one coke is not the only thing ordered:eek::eek::eek:

Morning

DSC_0014%2C%20DSC_0013%2C%20DSC_0012.png

Ahhh, peace and quiet at last!

edit: cropped a bit.

Klaus-Peter – thanks for hosting this week, and thank you for a thought provoking theme.

I’ve looked at this image for too long – don’t know whether or not it works:confused:. I had an idea in mind yesterday, but the rain was too heavy for me to lug all of the props to this location. However, I did scope out the area, and took this shot. [Today, there’s snow on the ground, and that changes everything:frown:.]

DSC_3957smc.jpg
http://www.greenapple.com/~rcoutant/temp/DSC_3957smc.jpg

Klaus-Peter – thanks for hosting this week, and thank you for a thought provoking theme.

I’ve looked at this image for too long – don’t know whether or not it works:confused:. I had an idea in mind yesterday, but the rain was too heavy for me to lug all of the props to this location. However, I did scope out the area, and took this shot. [Today, there’s snow on the ground, and that changes everything:frown:.]

http://www.greenapple.com/~rcoutant/temp/DSC_3957smc.jpghttp://www.greenapple.com/~rcoutant/temp/DSC_3957smc.jpg

Bob, it definitely does work for me, gives me a feeling of being on my own in that location.

You guys still got snow? We're fortunate enough to have 60 degrees today.

I’ve looked at this image for too long – don’t know whether or not it works:confused:. I had an idea in mind yesterday, but the rain was too heavy for me to lug all of the props to this location. However, I did scope out the area, and took this shot. [Today, there’s snow on the ground, and that changes everything:frown:.

Love the fog rolling in, reminds me of early morning hunts when I was a kid. Your scene sets a nice pensive mood.

Bob, it definitely does work for me, gives me a feeling of being on my own in that location.

You guys still got snow? We're fortunate enough to have 60 degrees today.

Thanks, Klaus-Peter. Yes we've had 4 inches of rain so far in March, and the last storm closed out by dumping a couple of inches of snow:frown:

Love the fog rolling in, reminds me of early morning hunts when I was a kid. Your scene sets a nice pensive mood.

Thanks, Ed. I walk through that spot almost every day, and I think I know every rock, twig, and blade of grass. But, I'm never sure what others might see.:wink:

redlady37172.jpg

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Bob, reminds me of where I usually walk. Beautifully done!

And menbrial, he might be in solitude, but I think he enjoys it very much! Great picture!

http://www.greenapple.com/~rcoutant/temp/DSC_3957smc.jpghttp://www.greenapple.com/~rcoutant/temp/DSC_3957smc.jpg

I LOVE this photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom