CS #238 - Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Herschel for inviting me to host this week's Collective shoot. Welcome to Week #238 and the secret ingredient is... "GLASS"! :cool:

Glass is something that we use or encounter everyday no matter where we go. Occasionally we even accidentally bump into it. :biggrin: Personally I wear a pair of them everyday. Hence there is no excuse not to post some of your creative shots. :tongue:

So please pick up your Nikon, snap a 'glass' on it and press that shutter release. Looking forward to see some nice submissions. :smile:

The shoot starts 00:00 Thursday , May 19 and last till 23:59:59 Wednesday, May 25. Please abide by the forum guidelines: post your shots taken within the timeframe of this forum only; limit your post to 3 images or less; max # of pixels < 800 and keep this forum family friendly. :biggrin:

Here are some samples from the past and today.

Glass Vase
DSC_9942.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D200, ISO 100, f/3.2, 1/125s @90mm

Windows
DSC_2129.jpg

D40, ISO 200, f/11, /250s @35mm

Nail Polish
DSC_3593.jpg

D40, ISO 400, f/5, 1/100s @50mm

And finally... Nikon Glass :biggrin:
DSC_3700.jpg

D40, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/20s @50mm

Oh did I just violate one of the CS rules? Well, I am the host! :biggrin:

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Knight

Very good! I have wanted to do this shot a long time now. I began immediately when I got home from work.

Knight

5736672080_0005bbb45d_b.jpg

Good morning.
I know "some" may not consider this glass :eek::smile:,
but it is an interpretation that popped to my mind as I sit here in my work cube, reading your post and looked up to see the "glass" eyes of my cat from a print I had made. :)

p760781653.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Pass, please?? I don't think I'll be able to pick up a camera to shoot anything this week, but I wanted to post something, so here's one I took this past fall...

1038236239_HKVk5-L.jpg

Wow. Great topic! I happen to been borrowing a D300s this weekend, and the wife is gone as well, I wonder what I can find....

Tim

A castle or a glass house?

DSC2802b-L.jpg

Glass Flower
5737664556_c0124b5691_b.png

D40

Very good! I have wanted to do this shot a long time now. I began immediately when I got home from work.

Knight

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/5736672080_0005bbb45d_b.jpg

Peter, love the color and the DOF of the image. I had a similar shot a while ago and I found that focusing on a glass object with shallow DOF is quite challenging. At the end I had to switche over to manual focus to obtain the proper result. Nicely done.

Good morning.
but it is an interpretation that popped to my mind as I sit here in my work cube, reading your post and looked up to see the "glass" eyes of my cat from a print I had made. :)

http://photos.fwellers.com/img/v24/p760781653.jpg

Floyd, nice portrait of your lovely feline. That will work, as long as anything that resembling 'Glass'. Or simply state that the cute kitty is wearing contact lenses. :biggrin:

Pass, please?? I don't think I'll be able to pick up a camera to shoot anything this week, but I wanted to post something, so here's one I took this past fall...

Lyndee, nice reflection. Is that a building in downtown SF?

Wow – what a topic, Kiley!!

We all know what glass is, don’t we? Well, maybe and maybe not.:eek:

Lyndee, that just might be a perfect example:wink::biggrin: [nice shot]

Bob, thanks for the URL. Let's see if you can post some of the 'unusual' glass pictures. Would love to see a picture of a 10 carat diamond. :biggrin:

Dave, good use of natural light. Nicely done. I like the reflection of the window on the crystal ball, it adds a little surrealistic feel to the image.

Nice details and perfect lighting. I thought it was a waterdrop suspended in mid-air at first glance. Glad to see someone using a D40 still. :biggrin:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Very good topic Kiley! I see that there have been some very quick photographers posting already! Well, that predicts a very busy thread; I'll see what I can come up with!

:biggrin::biggrin:Whatever your crystal ball shows you, Dave.:biggrin::biggrin:

Bob,if only these things worked.....maybe its a good thing that they don't work:smile:.

Dave, good use of natural light. Nicely done. I like the reflection of the window on the crystal ball, it adds a little surrealistic feel to the image.

Thank you, Kiley

Bob, thanks for the URL. Let's see if you can post some of the 'unusual' glass pictures. Would love to see a picture of a 10 carat diamond. :biggrin:

No 10 carat diamonds, Kiley, but I do have a chunk of “amorphous alumina” somewhere (left over feedstock from ruby crystal growth days of ~50 years ago). If I can find it, I’ll take a photograph. [Used to have a large ruby boule too, but have not seen that for years.:redface:]

Thanks Herschel for inviting me to host this week's Collective shoot. Welcome to Week #238 and the secret ingredient is... "GLASS"!

Glass is something that we use or encounter everyday no matter where we go. Occasionally we even accidentally bump into it. :biggrin: Personally I wear a pair of them everyday. Hence there is no excuse not to post some of your creative shots.

So please pick up your Nikon, snap a 'glass' on it and press that shutter release. Looking forward to see some nice submissions. :smile:

The shoot starts 00:00 Thursday , May 19 and last till 23:59:59 Wednesday, May 25. Please abide by the forum guidelines: post your shots taken within the timeframe of this forum only; limit your post to 3 images or less; max # of pixels < 800 and keep this forum family friendly. :biggrin:

Here are some samples from the past and today.

Glass Vase
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_PuTcBKs-2-Q/TdS7rQ7BJII/AAAAAAAAMTA/43dfMqBo7GM/s800/DSC_9942.JPG
D200, ISO 100, f/3.2, 1/125s @90mm

Windows
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_PuTcBKs-2-Q/TN5IBSgeVzI/AAAAAAAAKtw/FW5Sv5615Zc/s800/DSC_2129.JPG
D40, ISO 200, f/11, /250s @35mm

Nail Polish
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_PuTcBKs-2-Q/TdS9nbRfbsI/AAAAAAAAMTU/0eCw-vApKyc/s800/DSC_3593.JPG
D40, ISO 400, f/5, 1/100s @50mm

And finally... Nikon Glass :biggrin:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_PuTcBKs-2-Q/TdS7BSPMVaI/AAAAAAAAMSs/Bt_GYLFDiJY/s800/DSC_3700.JPG
D40, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/20s @50mm

Oh did I just violate one of the CS rules? Well, I am the host! :biggrin:

Have fun!

Hey Kiley -

Thanks for hosting another CS - :smile:

I have two ideas in mind, one of which will be *very* challenging to photograph.

Your first is awesome. :smile:

Knight

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/5736672080_0005bbb45d_b.jpg

Perfect, Peter - kiitos.

Good morning.

http://photos.fwellers.com/img/v24/p760781653.jpg

Floyd-

yours is a fine contribution that expands the boundaries of Kiley's CS - always a welcome thing, IMHO - :biggrin:

lyndee -

just super. :smile:

Hey Dave -

Thanks for again offering a fine shot, right on target.

GLASS.......:smile:

D3x, Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8 (available light only)

original.jpg

Very good topic Kiley! I see that there have been some very quick photographers posting already! Well, that predicts a very busy thread; I'll see what I can come up with!

Rob, looking forward to see your shots. :smile:

No 10 carat diamonds, Kiley, but I do have a chunk of “amorphous alumina” somewhere (left over feedstock from ruby crystal growth days of ~50 years ago). If I can find it, I’ll take a photograph. [Used to have a large ruby boule too, but have not seen that for years.:redface:]

50 years?!? :eek: Maybe it has transformed into a blob of ruby gel. :biggrin:

Very cool! I like the smooth OOF rendition.

Nikon glass is ALWAYS a good glass :wink:

Thanks Joseph. Personally I like Nikon glass more than diamonds. :biggrin:

Hey Kiley -

Thanks for hosting another CS - :smile:

I have two ideas in mind, one of which will be *very* challenging to photograph.

Your first is awesome. :smile:

Thanks Eric. Can't wait to see your shots. Perhaps you can work with Bob to create a 10 carat ruby. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom