CS #28 - "After dark"

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Phil K, Mar 29, 2007.

1. It's my pleasure to host CS#28. The theme for this one is

After Dark

Friends, just shoot anything after the sun goes down.

It can be outdoor, it can be indoor.

It can be people, landscape, cityscape, birds and animals, streets, social gatherings, photojournalism, sports, macro ...... can be anything, including parties and campfire in Alabama.

It can be in color, B&W, IR, or UV.

The shots should be taken between Friday and Monday evening your time. Please post from 1 to 4 photos.

Friends, let the fun begin and post your photos here.

2. It's Friday now, so remember to have your camera ready for some 'after dark' shooting.

3. Look for some fun here!!

4. kds315

kds315

May 30, 2006
    Dr Klaus Schmitt
  5. What a great start to the CS!

It's beautiful, Klaus.

6. Hey Klaus -

That is imaginative and beautiful. Well done.

Hey Phil -

That's a great topic.

I had both an idea and time to shoot this evening (those don't often converge - LOL), but we're now in a flood watch with large rainfall expected, etc., and while there could be several photo ops, I'm wondering whether I did clean out the gutters well enough . . .

Maybe tomorrow,

Eric

7. kds315

kds315

May 30, 2006
    Dr Klaus Schmitt
    Thanks guys!

I was just doing some experiments with my UV-VIS differential technique and trying out a new lens, so this call and the situation yesterday nite just came handy. There was just some residual light but quite a bit of UV so this lead to the "burning bush".

Cheers, Klaus

8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Stars by moonlight

With our 92 percent full moon Friday evening, I thought I’d try something I rarely do – shoot by moonlight. The subject is our recently acquired star magnolia bush. Unfortunately, clouds moved in and there wasn’t as much light as I had hoped for:mad: . The best shot was an accidental “paint with light” shot that resulted when a car drove by during the exposure – gives new meaning to “drive by shooting”:biggrin: .

[​IMG]

9. Very nice, Bob. Now you give me an idea to try 'drive by shooting' some time. :biggrin:

10. This is my first photo post, so excuse me if I get this wrong. :Depressed

This is one I took last night.

440966516_9523ce5fdf_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cool shot Bill:>)))))

Bob that is real nice....

Klaus
    That is a neat UV shot

Phil,
    I am going to try. Not much of a night shooter here:>)))))

12. Yes, Bill, it shows and it's a very cool shot.

Gale and Eric, eagerly waiting for your photos.

I was too busy and tired last night, so I will do it tonight. Folks, keep the photos coming!

13. Thanks for the feedback guys. I have never used the repeat flash on the SB-800 before, so I asked one of the guys at the campfire I was attending to run thru the scene. It turn out pretty good. When I got home I saw Phil's post for after dark shots and figured I would post my first picture. (BTW, this was not my first attempt with repeat flash that night, it took a few takes to get the timing down.)

When I first posted it, it was just a link. I don't know what changed to make the picture show. Is that something you guys do behind the scenes?

14. When the sun goes down, the toddlers get wild and crazy! Gotta watch out, being risque starts earlier and earlier these days!!! (ignore that spaghetti sauce on her cheek! :tongue:)

medium.

View attachment 87567

15. Great ones, Gretchen. So cute and lovely!

16. This is certainly lame in comparison but there are two justifications for this image.
    1. A large contingent of Cafe members are inside this building.
    2. I am sooooooo wore out

[​IMG]

17. Thanks Dave for showing us the Party HQ.

18. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Hark, What Light....

Hi all
    This was a lot of fun. Here's what I found in the dark.
    David

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Taken at sundown on a parking lot.

original.

20. Beautiful shots, David and Michael!