CS #30 - "Color"

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Sharon, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Let the fun begin!
    Post your colorful images here!

Show me some COLOR!

It doesn’t matter where you live. Both spring and fall offer us an opportunity to photograph some beautiful color. We want to see some of that wonderful color that you are seeing! Take some photos of the color around you and share your images with all of us at the Nikon Café.

As a relative newcomer to posting at the Nikon Café and my first time hosting or participating in a Collective Shoot, I’d like to send a special invitation to those who have not taken part in a Collective Shoot before. Join me and share in the fun of CS #30 with your colorful images!

To those who have participated in the past, thank you for sharing your images and for being an inspiration to all of us to become more active in the Café. I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us this week!

Rules:

Shooting period: Any time Friday, April 13 through Sunday, April 15, your local time.

Posting period: Friday, April 13 through Tuesday, April 17

(As a gentle reminder, please post only images taken during the above mentioned shooting period to further the spirit of shooting collectively.)

Please submit no more than 3 photos.

GET OUT THERE AND EXPERIENCE THE COLORFUL WORLD WE LIVE IN! And be sure to show us the results!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. These are from a recent MX shoot. The colors surprised even me when I first viewed them at full res on my monitor.

WES_3017aweb2.

WES_3028-aweb.

3. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Wow, Wes! There is some intensity not only in the COLORS, but in the ACTION and the EXPRESSIONS, as well! Awesome! Thanks for being the first to post in this weekends collective shoot and for showing us some color!

4. Playing around

Sharon,
    You got me playing around this morning and some might think I lost my marbles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken in a tethered shooting session with Nikon Camera control Pro, D2Xs, and 85mm f2.8 PC lens
    Solux 5K lighting. Last image waw taken with the E series 50mm reversed with a BR2

Fun!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  5. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    Wes those shots are excellent!

I'll try and get something for this CS, but it turned unbelievably gray in central Arkansas this weekend. :(

6. They're ready!!

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 50mm f/1.4
    original.

7. Here's mine:

original.

(seem to have a slight yellow colorcast....:Crunk:)

8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Holy cow Frits -- that's a walking neon sign set:biggrin:

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Wildflower?

I’ve been patiently watching a group of wakerobin (a.k.a. purple trillium, red trillium, etc.), hoping that the blooms would open in time for this CS. No such luck – since my first shot of one of the buds last Tuesday, the cold rains have brought flower development to a standstill. So, I decided to submit this unusual wildflower. Shot using –2/3EV compensation, normal settings, and zero color enhancement in PP, this thing registers 100 percent saturation right out of the camera.

Well, Michael beat me to it:redface: :mad:, but his is a more artistic viewpoint

[​IMG]

10. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Dave, excellent subject for color! You've got some cool marbles! I like the old jacks mixed in there, as well. Brought back some fond memories. I used to play jacks for hours when I was a kid and spent many hours playing marbles with my son when he was little.

Nicely done! And thanks for joining the fun!

11. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Fritz, no missing you on the course! I love the bright colors. I will have to show this to my son who played on the high school golf team last year and is hoping to make it again this year. Their school colors are royal blue and white. He will love your bag!

Thanks for brightening our day with your display of color!

12. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Michael, ah....some "flowers"! And yellow, one of my favorite colors. I love the perspective and the depth of field. Wonderful addition to our colorful collective shoot.

Thanks for playing!

13. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Bob, looks like great minds think alike! You and Michael, choosing the same subject. How ironic is that? I, too, had plans to try to shoot some wonderful flowers for this shoot. But, the cold and SNOW got us too. I may still try for something with my poor, pathetic, drooping daffodils.

The color saturation is amzing for straight out of the camera. I love the intensity!

Thanks for being a part of the shoot!

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    The weather today was horrible. Rainy and dark all day long! Fortunately, on Easter Sunday, some of our guests were kind enough to bring me some lovely tulips. They were well past their prime as far as bloom goes, but I figured they might do well to be photographed anyway. At least they had colour!:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great theme, Sharon!

15. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Leigh, thank you for photographing these. Tulips are my favorite flower! These are wonderful. I especially like the 2nd one. There is something about the colors of the tulip against the background color that really captures me. Thank you for sharing them and adding more color to our collection!

It seems the gray gloom is over many of us this weekend. I have great hope for tomorrow, as they are calling for sun! AND I saw a little bit of it before it went down tonight, so I think they might be right for tomorrow's forecast.

Can't wait to see some photos of that new little one pretty soon!

16. I hope I can get something by tomorrow! The weather has been too crazy here!

17. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Dianne, I sure hope you get the opportunity tomorrow to shoot something! Maybe the blue jay will be back to pay you a visit! I'm hoping for some sun and the 50 degrees they are promising us. Looking forward to seeing your post.

18. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Funny how sometimes pictures from your own back yard can be okay, and sometimes they're as dull as dishwater. A couple from around the house yesterday and today worked better than usual for me.

[​IMG]

Just a little bit of color occasionally goes a long way -

[​IMG]

19. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    More of the colour yellow.

original.

20. A recent cold snap has put a damper on floral color in my area, but a few blooms are left, and spring green is everywhere

original.

Early hostas
    original.