1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS #31 - "Two photos, photographers choice"

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Leigh, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots here, Dave. There's something about spending a nice day with friends...very rewarding. Thanks for giving us a peek at your day yesterday.

2. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Great pics all. Hope everybody's weekend is going well.

I went to Lowry Park Zoo here in Tampa Fl. Saturday and am still processing but here are a couple.

I am not sure if birds really do kiss but these two looked like it and went into the house together afterwards :tongue: :wink: :smile:
    468741452_b3928380b2_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This guy was peeking out from behind some rocks watching the people walk by :cool: 
    View attachment 91509

Take Care
    Peace
    Mark

3. Life

Think of it as a teaser... more to come... :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    Yesterday, we walked through the old part of Two Rivers Park in Little Rock and saw some deer. I haven't been there in a couple of years, but I'm glad to see the deer population continues to thrive there.

[​IMG]

I took a lap around my neighborhood and found this bloom almost hidden under my neighbor's mailbox.

[​IMG]

Both shots were taken with a D200 and Sigma 50-150.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mark,
    That guy peeking out has got lots of character! I love going to zoos...kids love it too!

Daniel,
    Awwww, the baby in that first shot is just too cute! Love the zebra too! Always been one of my favourite animals!

jcdoss,
    I see why you made the trip to that Park. Love the deer! Reminds me of when we went to Cade's Cove last Spring...deer everywhere!

Thanks for participating everyone! Don't forget...there's still time to shoot...and you can still post for a couple more days! Then it's someone else's turn to host the Collective Shoot! Thanks Dave Dickerson for reviving this. It's been lots of fun!

6. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Leigh, thanks for hosting a wonderful Collective Shoot. There have been some great images posted so far. Unfortunately, I got bit by the flu bug a few days ago and have been feeling under the weather all weekend. But, I did manage to walk out in my yard this morning to get a couple for the shoot.

Darkness

[​IMG]

And Light

[​IMG]

7. Hi All

There's still very little sign of growth up here in the Great White North - except in the amount of garbage scattered around the neighbourhood.

Cheers,

Larry

469213760_b78974d506_o.png

469225439_285b2597d8_o.jpg

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Sharon,
    I'm so sorry you have the flu...I hope you get to feeling better real soon! I'm glad you felt well enough to get out and shoot a few pics. I really like the first one. The light on it is very soft.

Larry,
    Maybe your weather will brighten up soon. I'll try and send a little warm Alabama sunshine your way! Thanks for sharing your photos. It's neat to see what folks come across...even if it is just scattered garbage. The second one makes me wonder who the owner of the red jacket was and where he went off to w/o it!

9. Getting back to our car after a Reds game we always take a slight detour thru Fountain Square.

Genius of the Waters:
    [​IMG]

10. Ron, that's a beautiful fountain! Nice job!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great job on the fountain, Ron. Something I've never had the touch for is photographing water. You've done nicely with it here.

Thanks for playing!

12. My weekend

Well, I had a "non-shooting" weekend :smile: . My wife Anne and I went on a get-away and the nikon stuff stayed home :eek:  .
    We went to the "Fairmont Manoir Richelieu" resort in the Quebec Charlevoix area - right on the St. Lawrence River, which is raw nature at its most beautiful. The overall look is a bit lackluster, since we only just exited winter. But in just a few more weeks this place will be in its full colorful splendor again.

Taken with my Sony P&S:

original.gif

View attachment 91513

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frits,
    Great seeing you and Anne enjoying some much deserved downtime. Thanks for posting your snaps to prove you got to relax!

14. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Let's see.

Friday night I went with some friend to hear blues legend Magic Slim.
    original.jpg

Saturday I hooked the dogs up in the garden and gave them all a juicy bone. The reason I hook them up is that some of them are quite clever at stealing bones from each other.

original.jpg

Sunday I went to a pro soccer game but I haven't processed the pictures yet.

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shot of Magic Slim, Torben! I love blues...used to listen quite a bit in college.
    Sweet dog you have in the second shot....really enjoying that juicy bone!

I can't wait to see your soccer shots!

16. MASS MoCA Art and Archetecture

Here are two from a trip to MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemperary Art) on Sunday.

The first is a beautiful construction from the exhibit entitled "Artists as Historians"....unfortunately I have to upgrade my Neat Image software before I can handle 16 bits/channel in the NEF file, so there is far more of the D50 noise apparent at the bottom of the photo than I would like (shooting was restricted to available light and I didn't have a tripod). That will eventually be corrected.
    [​IMG]

The second is a view of some of the space inside the museum building complex...since old industrial buildings are a particular interest of mine, I used the few spare minutes I had walking the building looking at the layout...this scene struck me for its juxtabpoition of shadow and light and geometric forms...it's just a very pleasing visual layout in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

17. I've been busy shooting....guess I"d better hop-to and do some processsing so I can share some images here! :smile:

18. Torben, your dogs are too cuddly! Everytime I see a picture of them I immediately feel the desire to cuddle them. So give them a hug from me! :smile:

19. Yep!

:smile: If you don't want them to look like my exhibit shot, you sure better get to it!

And, while you are at it, could you correct my several spelling errors as well!:smile:

20. A couple of shots from Sunday

I found this wild azalea in the woods near my house.

original.gif

original.jpg

Both are D200 with 200/4 micro (which I'm starting to REALLY like :biggrin: ). The first is available light. On the second shot. I used the pop up flash to trigger a handheld SB-800 and also to contribute to the exposure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.