CS #31 - "Two photos, photographers choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Collective Shoot#31
I'm going to keep this one simple...The theme is easy..."Two Photos, Photographers Choice". You may post two photos of your choice (that have been taken within the shooting period). Maybe you'll post a pic of your morning breakfast on Friday and then of the first face that greets you upon your return home from work that evening. Maybe you'll stop by the local park and catch some candids of joggers or birds. It's your choice...just remember to keep it clean and w/in the Cafe' guidlines for posting.

Feel free to make more than one entry...ie, an entry for your photos from Friday, and entry for Saturday's pics, and a final entry for Sunday's pics.

Rules:

Shooting period: Begins 6am on Friday, April 20 and will run through midnight Sunday, April 22.

Posting period: 6am Friday, April 20 through midnight Tuesday, April 24.

(don't stress about which time zone...just go by your local time!!!:smile: )

Remember folks, this is about having fun. Nothing stressful, no pressure. Just get out there and shoot!:biggrin: If it's your first time participating, great! If you've played this game before, I'm glad you are playing again!

"Two Photos, Photographers Choice"!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, hope I don't get sent to my room for this! I had to crop heavily on the first one! But these were taken today at Hagerman Wildlife Refuge!

466405368_15f17f7118_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

466405386_0cc8500937_b.png

Ooh, so pretty, Dianne! Looks like the weather cooperated nicely for you to get out and do a little "photographic therapy"! I see you are putting all that new gear to use very nicely!

Thanks for posting!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Spotted Redshank

We drove 3 hours today, crossing the border to Southern China to a wetland hoping to find some birds. Probably because of the changing weather, we didn't see as many as we would like. But still I was happy to spot and capture a Spotted Redshank in breeding colours. It's my first time seeing one. Not a very good capture because it's 500mm handheld.

original.jpg

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Enjoying what you all are serving up so far. Here are my two taken today while shooting with Dave Dickerson and Biggstr6.

145586037-O.jpg

145586475-O.jpg

Great shots, Dave. I really like the second one. I've got a thing for fence posts like that. I did a whole series of fence posts last year when we went to Cade's Cove.

Thanks for sharing these! Glad you had a good time with Dave and Biggstr6.

Under and Over

Two views of an overhead walkway that I took while outside today.

Under:
d70s_2007_05000.jpg

Over:
d70s_2007_05015.jpg

Tom (Buckeye Biker) stopped by on Friday morning and we traded lenses for the morning. We weren’t terribly successful with respect to subjects:redface: , but it was a beautiful day and we both enjoyed being outdoors in the sunshine :smile: – we had our own “Collective Shoot”. Here’s Tom hunched over some wildflowers with my 300 f/4 on his D50 – shot taken with his 80-200 on my D70.

DSC_1618sm.jpg

Hey Leigh -

Great idea for this shoot! As usual, it has already attracted a fine and enjoyable diversity of very cool shots.

I had a *great* afternoon in a photo-rich environment, even if my shots won't quite show it (LOL).

I accompanied my wife's Sertoma group which was invited to tour a private collection of amazing things in return for a contribution to our local emergency shelter.

Gigantic automated music machines, juke boxes, classic poster art, advertsing statues, mechanical pinball machines, diner and soda fountain furnishings, etc. I'm not sure how to even describe it all, except to say that I couldn't believe all of these beautiful items were in one building in our little town.

I've attached two below, and if anyone is interested, more can be seen here:

http://www.pbase.com/catalyst/blaine_thomas_collection

These were taken with the Sigma 30 mm f/1.4 @ f/8, 1/60 s, on a D70 using the SB-800 (despite the EXIFs saying that flash wasn't used).

Lime Freeze:

77522131.original.jpg

Victrola:

77522266.original.jpg

Thanks,

Eric

Victor: Definitely a great use of lines in both shots! I love the B&W conversions for these. Really makes for compelling shots!

Bob: Any day out in nature's beauty is a successful day! Nice to see you had a buddy to enjoy the day with!

Eric: Thanks, I tried to keep things simple (I'm a simple girl:smile: ). Looks like a neat collection you were able to view. Thank your wife for her civic work. The world is a better place for having folks like her!

Thanks everyone for your participation! I was fairly busy today and didn't have much chance to pick up my camera (though I did snap a few, just haven't looked at them yet). I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for me to take a few pics.

Cheers!

R

RJLOMMD

This has been the first truly spring-like weekend of the year for us in Maryland. Here are my two cents...er..I...mean two shots!:wink:

The first was taken at a Light Rail station. I was hoping to get a "train" in the mirror, but I ran out of time. Could it be a "suburban sunflower?"

The second is of a building facade with the light making angles that looked interesting.
medium.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple from Dave ,Dave & mines trip to the mountains in search of the elusive "blueridge Dogwood tree".

D2H_9739.jpg

D2H_9720.jpg

RJL,
Love the "urban sunflower"! And the light/shadows on the buidling facade is very interesting. I'm glad the nice weather is beginning to make it to different areas so everyone can get out and enjoy it. I know I'm ready for the really nice weather to set in and stay a while!

Biggs,
I like the use of diagonal lines in both your shots. So different, yet, so similar. I think my favourite is the second shot. Wow, I'd love to wake up to a sunrise in that cabin!!!

Thanks for sharing you two!

Just read the thread, saw these nice pictures and decided to join in.....

I just grabbed the Camera (with 105DC mounted) and headed for the terrace.

First are some dandelions on the table which Eileen plucked. She already has a yellow face from smelling the flowers :rolleyes:

"Dandelions - the Gathering"
original.jpg

This is the view to the neighbors blooming apple tree

"Apple Tree"
original.jpg

Thanks to Leigh for hosting this!​

Michael,

So where is the pic of Eileen w/the yellow face?!?!!

I love the second shot. The little gnome in the window is just too cute!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Leigh said it's okay to have more than one entry, so here's my entry for today.

Taken during today's hike. A beautiful flower :

original.gif

And a poor creature got trapped in a spider web.

View attachment 91505

Great photos, Phil. Sad about the poor creature in the spider web, but I suppose that's part of the cycle of life.
The flower is beautiful, indeed...I can't say we have anything that pretty growing wild around here.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Really nice shots so far.

Here are my shots from yesterday's very enjoyable trip with Dave and Biggs.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom