CS #32 - "Your favorite color"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post your images for this shoot here. "Your Favorite color."

Everyone has a favorite color. Your assignment is photograph things which show off your own favorite color.

Rules:

Shooting time: Starting immediately and ending at 10 p.m. on Sunday 4/29. Use your local time to work within.

Posting period: Starting immediately and ending at noon on Tuesday, 5/1.

You may post as many images as you wish, but please remember to watch file size for those with slower connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gretchen, I don’t think I have a favorite color :confused: – it depends on the circumstances of the moment. Today, I liked the bright yellow and gold of this wild member of the Asteraceae family (one of a cast of thousands) trying to escape the dark green undergrowth along the edge of the woods. [Got this before today’s rains rolled in]

DSC_1629sm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful Bob! Lovely job with the bokeh, what lens did you use?

Thanks Gretchen. The full EXIF is embedded, but as for the lens, your signature line says it all -- it may not be a macro (micro) lens, but I love it for flowers (and lots of other things too). [Weather permitting, I'll try to get some other colors of the day over the weekend.]

partial to purple pts. 1 & 2

Hey Gretchen -

Thank you for hosting the Collective Shoot, and for coming up with a neat and easily-joinable topic.

Bob - your shot with the 300 f/4 is really fine, and encourages me to get out with mine soon.

As a Kansas State University fan, my "favorite" color is perhaps somewhat blinkered . . . here are two quick snaps with the D70 and the Tamron 90 mm macro handheld in the flower beds on days with more wind than I'd prefer.

Eric

77839264.original.gif

View attachment 92512

Wow Eric!

Those are beautifully saturated, you have great taste in colors! :tongue:

Hi Gretchen -

Thank you for the encouragement.

Since I work up all of my shots on a PowerBook, my perception of saturation (and sharpness, blown highlights, color distribution, everything! - LOL) is *very* dependent on the angle of the laptop screen and the ambient lighting at any particular time. I do pop in and around into a few spots with the Color Sampler tool in PS CS, but not microscopically . . .

Maybe I should carve out a detent notch into the PowerBook's hinge pivot to record a good position. . . well, maybe not since I've already moved it several times - LOL.

Anyhow, thanks and I know that there will lots of amazing shots in this CS.

Eric

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
It seems that I don't have an all-time favorite color. I liked brighter colors when I was young, then settled for blue for quite some time. Recently, it has to be white.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

All photos taken in this afternoon.

I really do like blue. Was just standing outside and looked at the sky and it was just so pretty. So got some shots of sky and clouds.
Don't know what else I will shoot today:>))) I am tying to get a pretty red cardinal.
77864664.gif

Gale,

That is just exactly the kind of image that makes you smile, because you know that when you see a sky like that, it's a lovely day outside! :smile:

Thanks!!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
how about my buddy Fuscia the frog. About 1 inch in length, taken with my new P&S Nikon P5000. Processed in Bridge/CS3/Digital film tools in IR

147662475-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom