CS #342 - Show us your favorite outdoor spots in B&W"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the normal rules apply. Photos need to be taken between Thursday 23 May 2013 and Wednesday 29 May 2013.

Most of us have outdoor places that we visit over and over again - our favorite locations. Maybe it's a park in your neighborhood or a mountain peak that brings inspiration to your life. Or maybe it's your backyard garden or the curbside table in your favorite bistro. Mine are a few trails that I hike regularly or our gardens where my wife has created a beautiful and restful slice of nature. Show us yours.

I picked B&W because most of my photography is film and a good portion of that is B&W, so I wanted to see what others had to offer.

This is one of my favorite local trails. Ilford XP2 Nikon FA w/28mm f2.8E;
8607947152_df25cb98e6_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ross Prairie Loop Trail - AS2013 19.jpg by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

Here's one from a different trail. Nikon EM w/100mm f2.8E Kodak TriX-400
8727639368_29f1c65d05_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Swamp Trail - AU2013 29.jpg by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

Have fun!!

Outdoor Spots

Art, at first, you had me worried -- in my first glance, I read that as Outdoor Sports:biggrin::biggrin: [That would be a great theme too, but my access to sports venues is likely to be limited this weekend.]

I like that first example -- I could accuse you of having taken it in my woods:wink:

Art thanks so much for hosting this week! Great theme you've chosen too! I know we all have favorite spots and it will also give us (or at least me) a chance and reason to brush up on B&W processing. I find sometimes it's easy to just take the color out but to give it just an extra touch of elegance is an art form! Great shots you've started us with! I really love the second one. Of course I'm a lover of the spanish moss anyway!:smile:

Real Name
Paul
All the normal rules apply. Photos need to be taken between Thursday 23 May 2013 and Wednesday 29 May 2013.

Most of us have outdoor places that we visit over and over again - our favorite locations. Maybe it's a park in your neighborhood or a mountain peak that brings inspiration to your life. Or maybe it's your backyard garden or the curbside table in your favorite bistro. Mine are a few trails that I hike regularly or our gardens where my wife has created a beautiful and restful slice of nature. Show us yours.

I picked B&W because most of my photography is film and a good portion of that is B&W, so I wanted to see what others had to offer.

This is one of my favorite local trails. Ilford XP2 Nikon FA w/28mm f2.8E;
[URL]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8607947152_df25cb98e6_o.jpg[/url]
Ross Prairie Loop Trail - AS2013 19.jpg by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

Here's one from a different trail. Nikon EM w/100mm f2.8E Kodak TriX-400
[URL]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/8727639368_29f1c65d05_o.jpg[/url]
Swamp Trail - AU2013 29.jpg by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

Have fun!!

Art, very interesting theme. Should be lots of fun... I hope I can get out. We are in the process of having a well put in, and I'm prepping replacement stairs for the deck, so that I can install them as soon as they finish running the line to the house. At least it is a long weekend!

BTW, how do I load Tri-X into my D700 for the B&W shots? :biggrin:

When I'm in the neighborhood (like today), going down to the fish boats of Granville Island to pick up some fresh seafood.

[URL]http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/WestCoast-11/GranvilleIsland3.jpg[/URL]

Great shot West. Looks like a cool place.

Great water shots John! You can use the IMG tag, instead of the URL one and we can see them w/o following the link.

Art, at first, you had me worried -- in my first glance, I read that as Outdoor Sports:biggrin::biggrin: [That would be a great theme too, but my access to sports venues is likely to be limited this weekend.]

I like that first example -- I could accuse you of having taken it in my woods:wink:

Sports! Sports! I don't do no sports! :biggrin: I can understand the feeling. Looking forward to your photographs Bob.

Art thanks so much for hosting this week! Great theme you've chosen too! I know we all have favorite spots and it will also give us (or at least me) a chance and reason to brush up on B&W processing. I find sometimes it's easy to just take the color out but to give it just an extra touch of elegance is an art form! Great shots you've started us with! I really love the second one. Of course I'm a lover of the spanish moss anyway!:smile:

Sam. Thanks for letting me host this weeks session. I'm looking forward to your entries. The processing is really key to achieving an "artful" image. I've done some with Photoshop Elements and GIMP and they've been ok but to get the same results from digital that I get with film seems beyond my skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom