CS #347 - Back to nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to our 347th Collective Shoot, "Back to Nature"!
Let’s get back to nature. We’ve all heard this saying, so it should be simple enough. All things having to do with nature anything growing or living outdoors. Trees, birds, animals, lakes, ocean, rivers, desert, grain fields, etc. And of course shots of people getting back to nature such as fishing or camping. Of course it’s open to interpretations too. An example of a different interpretation would be a cat cleaning itself or someone scratching their head, a surprised look … IE… a second nature or an unplanned response.

Y’all get the “picture” :tongue::wink:… then share it with us! … :biggrin:

And of course all the usual café rules apply in addition to the special rule of the “Collective Shoot” which is… All images shared on this CS are to be shot in the time frame of today thru midnight your time zone next Wednesday July 3rd. :smile: :smile:

Some examples…
5155713588_a1eb72e460_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pond in Deep South GA by Madmelodist ♫♫ Productions, on Flickr

8001340616_d4afdaa4f0_b.jpg

DSC_2599 by Madmelodist ♫♫ Productions, on Flickr
7993792201_ed1d975003_b.jpg

DSC_2517.2 by Madmelodist ♫♫ Productions, on Flickr

And as always… Y’all have fun!! :smile: :smile:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Perfect theme Sam! And if I may say so: that last picture really is a beaty!

I'll see what I can come up with....

Let’s get back to nature. We’ve all heard this saying, so it should be simple enough. All things having to do with nature anything growing or living outdoors. Trees, birds, animals, lakes, ocean, rivers, desert, grain fields, etc. And of course shots of people getting back to nature such as fishing or camping. Of course it’s open to interpretations too. An example of a different interpretation would be a cat cleaning itself or someone scratching their head, a surprised look … IE… a second nature or an unplanned response.

And of course all the usual café rules apply in addition to the special rule of the “Collective Shoot” which is… All images shared on this CS are to be shot in the time frame of today thru midnight your time zone next Wednesday July 3rd. :smile: :smile:

As the slide film shooter here, I can't possibly shoot and get my film back in time to post (typical turn-around is at least two weeks at the best of times), so unless I'm given some special dispensation to post archival images, I can't participate.
Lemme know.

As the slide film shooter here, I can't possibly shoot and get my film back in time to post (typical turn-around is at least two weeks at the best of times), so unless I'm given some special dispensation to post archival images, I can't participate.
Lemme know.
Rb, we can certainly make an exception for someone shooting film. Look forward to your contributions!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam,

You know I like this theme:biggrin::biggrin: Looks like a tussock moth caterpillar in that last shot and maybe one of the fritillaries in #2. [Our butterfly population has been nearly nonexistent so far this year -- I'm hoping that your theme will prompt some of them to show themselves.:wink:]

Rob: The Indiana state legislature used to have a standard operating procedure for dealing with time conflicts -- they simply unplugged the official clock. [I think we all recognize that people who use celluloid recording media live in a different time warp.:wink:]

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Sam
I got a detail of a Swiss picture, filled with June colors:

DSC_9151-X2.jpg

Our Daughter playing with a 12 week-old Lion cub in a nature preserve.
Unfortunately too big to fit in my camera bag or he would have come home with us.

BV_and_the_Lion_Cub_at_Northwood.jpg

Sam,

You know I like this theme:biggrin::biggrin: Looks like a tussock moth caterpillar in that last shot and maybe one of the fritillaries in #2. [Our butterfly population has been nearly nonexistent so far this year -- I'm hoping that your theme will prompt some of them to show themselves.:wink:]
Hey, Bob, I can't wait to see what all you come up with this week! The little fellow in the second shot seemed to have a lot of his family with him and they were seemingly enjoying themselves feasting upon some horse patties...:smile:

Wow, this is a lovely shot Rb! It's amazing the little cub looks so cute and playful! :smile:
Thanks.
This one of my favorite photos of Joanna. Her's too.
And the cubs are very playful, as long as you act the part of the Alpha cat when you're in the cage with them.
My Wife, our Son, and my Mother also spent time in the cage with the litter of four cubs. When one stood up on his hind legs, and grabbed my Mother who was about 80 at the time, and started to bite her on the behind, she simply turned around and gave him a smack on the nose, which was enough to make him stop.
On another visit, our Daughter had the opportunity to play with 16 week-old Tiger cubs. However, she just couldn't bring herself to hit them on the nose when they became a little too aggressive, and actually had to leave the cage before things got out of hand.

Some examples…

Sam -

Thanks for stepping up, and for choosing a theme that will attract a bunch of great contributions! I was away for a while, and since being back, I've been swamped at work, but . . . I must get something in for your CS.

And, I agree with Rob: especially that last one of yours is terrific.

Sam,

Rob: The Indiana state legislature used to have a standard operating procedure for dealing with time conflicts -- they simply unplugged the official clock. [I think we all recognize that people who use celluloid recording media live in a different time warp.:wink:]

Bob -

There is another story, possibly apocryphal, about the Indiana State legislature. Way back when, maybe in the late 1800s, there was a bill introduced (or perhaps just being written) that would have changed the value of pi to be exactly equal to 3! That would have made things so much simpler for Indiana residents! :biggrin:

Our Daughter playing with a 12 week-old Lion cub in a nature preserve.
Unfortunately too big to fit in my camera bag or he would have come home with us.

That is one fine photograph. [I take it that the adult lioness was not present.:eek:]

Bob -

There is another story, possibly apocryphal, about the Indiana State legislature. Way back when, maybe in the late 1800s, there was a bill introduced (or perhaps just being written) that would have changed the value of pi to be exactly equal to 3! That would have made things so much simpler for Indiana residents! :biggrin:

Good to see you back, Eric -- hope your absence from here was spent in pursuit of pleasure.:smile: [I had forgotten about that story of Hoosier wisdom.:redface:]

From my Nature Walk about an hour ago:

DSC_0042.jpg

I had a 40mm prime lens on the camera, so no close-ups! :redface: This one is pretty heavily cropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom