CS #352 Up Close and Personal

Okay ya'll! Let's shoot some photos that will get up up close and personal! This can be done with a macro, extension tubes, close up filters, or anything that will get up close
Ya'll should know all the rules by heart, frontwards and backwards, so let's have some fun. As much as I hate cheating - I haveta - these are from my archives.
If ya don't have one those - just use your favorite lens and see how close you can get!

I took this one using a borrowed Canon 500D filter on my old 18-200 vr
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one isn't a true macro, but got very close using my 80-200 (I think)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots, especially the last one Dianne! Interesting theme. I don't have a macro lens or any tubes, so I'll have to see what lenses I have and try to be creative...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
From the recent archives. I'll find something this week.

Thanks for hosting Diane. Looking forward to see more shots from you with your new old toy.

A couple I took tonight after dinner. Ready for desert? :biggrin:

Sweet

Chai

Real Name
Chris
A couple toys are 'jumping' off the shelf, so use your 3D glasses [imgn]http://101-365.com/images/anaglyph.gif[/imgn]:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice shots, especially the last one Dianne! Interesting theme. I don't have a macro lens or any tubes, so I'll have to see what lenses I have and try to be creative...
that's the spirit! Get out there and get close to something - as long as it doesn't bite, sting, or hiss? :eek: Don't not having something stop ya - remember the dragon fly was shot with my 80-200.

Thanks for hosting Diane. Looking forward to see more shots from you with your new old toy.

A couple I took tonight after dinner. Ready for desert? :biggrin:

Sweet
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3L1sG-yS5kw/Ufn3aVC1deI/AAAAAAAAUDo/OwjfneJrUkY/s800/OEM50059.JPG

Chai
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3iK2_jZ6ZOo/Ufn4PVop48I/AAAAAAAAUD0/z3bXWb2HfK0/s800/OEM50061.JPG
oh that makes my mouth water! I'm betting that's green tea in the pot? Nice job on detail in the cupcake and I'm thinking that writing was tiny too. Next time save me a bite, LOL :cool:

Great Theme Dianne!
Thanks ya'll! I thought it would get something going. I know not everyone has a macro, tubes, or filter, but do know of those good ol lenses produces some beautiful close ups. And yep, get creative!
I'll do my best to get out ASAP - Jimmy is having oral surgery this morning and got a rather full plate too with other stuff.
I'm loving the photos I've seen so far this early in the morning - looks like some high spirited people are here on the cafe. :biggrin:

This image was the result of a rainy day project. A clear glass vase with a blue glass inner coating was filled with clear, transparent green hair setting gel, backlit with window light and photographed with macro equipment.
When I flipped the resulting slide 180 degrees, it reminded me of clouds in the atmosphere above the surface of an alien world.
105mm f4 micro-Nikkor AI manual focus and extension tubes

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Dianne! Good theme!

For starters, one from a few weeks ago:

A couple toys are 'jumping' off the shelf, so use your 3D glasses [imgn]http://101-365.com/images/anaglyph.gif[/imgn]:
Interesting 3D's Chris. Presenting the first within a 2D frame seems to give and added dimension.

This image was the result of a rainy day project. A clear glass vase with a blue glass inner coating was filled with clear, transparent green hair setting gel, backlit with window light and photographed with macro equipment.
When I flipped the resulting slide 180 degrees, it reminded me of clouds in the atmosphere above the surface of an alien world.
105mm f4 micro-Nikkor AI manual focus and extension tubes
Nice abstract, rb -- my mind is wandering around with all sorts of different interpretations:wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom