CS #358 - Lands in Motion

I welcome you to "Lands in motion"!

I think it's about... means of transportation. And the (industrial) "landscapes" they occupy. I imagine lots of railway tracks, highway crossings, airport runways, big sea harbors... And I want the means of transportation (vehicles...) IN their respective "living area". Showing motion, movement, dynamics is very welcome. Leaving out the specific vehicle also is. Showing motion by using long shutter speeds is fully ok. Showing motion by the "landscape" alone is more tricky and very welcome. Up to the contributors. Sometimes, the "landscape" alone will make for a good picture.

Hmm... like this?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

maybe. Or similar, but from a bridge...

But also more "closer in" pictures would do, like:

I imagine mostly public transport, but for people living very abroad, private cars and lonely roads will have to suffice...

I would like to leave it open, so also

could be a valid contribution, if somebody "misses" the landscape part...

Nice theme Roland. Thanks for hosting. I'm going to do my best to give this one a shot this week.

Here's one from the archives, just to start things of ...

Oldie but Goodie

Would love to take another picture of a Hawaiian Sunset for this weeks shoot.
Am accepting contributions for a Hawaiian Airlines Flight:biggrin:

I welcome you to "Lands in motion"!

I think it's about... means of transportation. And the (industrial) "landscapes" they occupy. I imagine lots of railway tracks, highway crossings, airport runways, big sea harbors... And I want the means of transportation (vehicles...) IN their respective "living area". Showing motion, movement, dynamics is very welcome. Leaving out the specific vehicle also is. Showing motion by using long shutter speeds is fully ok. Showing motion by the "landscape" alone is more tricky and very welcome. Up to the contributors. Sometimes, the "landscape" alone will make for a good picture.

Hmm... like this?
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/krypton/quick/goldenpano.JPG

maybe. Or similar, but from a bridge...

But also more "closer in" pictures would do, like:

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/krypton/gw/s1.JPG

I imagine mostly public transport, but for people living very abroad, private cars and lonely roads will have to suffice...

I would like to leave it open, so also

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/krypton/Week50/D3.JPG

could be a valid contribution, if somebody "misses" the landscape part...
This sounds like a theme for thinkers... #3 is fantastic!

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Roland, that's a fun theme!

Here's one from the archives....

Here's one from the archives, just to start things of ...

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/WestCoast-11/train1.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAFaw/kZMtIwQtLdw/s800/Dinner%20Cruise.jpg
West, Ed and Rob -- nice samples to help get the ball rolling.

Jester

Non-Polluting cab in New Orleans French Quarter from a few months back. The "driver" needed a break after that fare!

Roland, thanks for hosting this week! Great images you've started us off with especially the first one. :smile:

It also looks like some really great images have already been added by the rest of you guys too! Nice job folks! :smile:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAFaw/kZMtIwQtLdw/s800/Dinner%20Cruise.jpg
What I really FEEL moving is the water. I can't tell why, but much more than the sky. Those wavelets, ripples... :smile:

Dramatic - did you fly by in a helicopter, illegally close to the cables? Or was there a lame second cabin? :tongue:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Or was there a lame second cabin?
Yes, I admit this... Anyhow, it was a beautiful landscape indeed!

There are two pics I made this morning with this CS in mind. Knowing me, it won't surprise many that I went to the harbor for this.

And I was glad to see that the beautiful ship 'City Of Amsterdam' was moored! A splendid example of how motion was done in earlier ages!

Then I made one with two motion examples: one of passengers; the DFDS Seaways, the ferry going to New Castle and the "GSP Antares" that transports all kinds of stuff to the oil platforms in the North Sea:

The last shot was a horror to get right in pp, but I think I succeeded in getting the right colors and light.

Yes, I admit this... Anyhow, it was a beautiful landscape indeed!

There are two pics I made this morning with this CS in mind. Knowing me, it won't surprise many that I went to the harbor for this.

And I was glad to see that the beautiful ship 'City Of Amsterdam' was moored! A splendid example of how motion was done in earlier ages!

Then I made one with two motion examples: one of passengers; the DFDS Seaways, the ferry going to New Castle and the "GSP Antares" that transports all kinds of stuff to the oil platforms in the North Sea:

The last shot was a horror to get right in pp, but I think I succeeded in getting the right colors and light.
Love the "Tall Ship". Also, the contrast between the old and the new with some waste plastic being "transported" by harbor currents:wink:

Very nice Rob. The sailing ship is really beautiful. The modern ships have their own beauty. I think I'd like working the ship that delivers stuff to the oil platforms. That could be rather exciting.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom