1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS #37 - "Take it slow"

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by catalyst, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friends -

Post your shots for this weekend's Collective Shoot here.

The theme is "Take it Slow" - which could mean taking photos of what you enjoy doing for relaxation, etc. OR (for those perhaps a bit more ambitious - LOL) taking some photos that keep the shutter open for longer than you normally do.

The shooting period will be Friday through Sunday your local time, and you can post as many as three shots to the thread through Tuesday.

As usual, try to keep the file sizes modest for our friends with dial-up connections.

So, put your feet up (or not) and show us how you kick back over the weekend, or grab that tripod or beanbag and keep the shutter open a bit longer (or not), but most importantly: share some photos and have fun with it!

Looking forward to seeing your submissions . . .

Eric

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Maybe we are to slow:>)))

3. LOL, Gale!

I "took it slow" this afternoon at the ol' ballyard. Started to work up a couple and then found out that Photoshop CS won't read D200 .nef files - ack!!!

Finally figured out a workaround by downloading the Digital Negative Converter and batch processing them - *that* was slow . . .

Eric

79838658.original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. A slower pace of life
    I am unable to do more with this CS as some of the gear I would use for this is home. I am in Fiji on holiday and can at least share a taste of the slower pace of a sunday morning.

[​IMG]

The drum to call the village to church

[​IMG]

The church (Methodist)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hey Dave -

There we go!

When I imagine Fiji, I think "leisurely". I hope that your time there is extraordinary - I know it will be memorable.

What is that giant (thatched?) structure in your first shot?

Thanks for joining in . . .

Eric

6. Thanks Eric. That is the village meeting place.

7. plusfour

plusfour Guest

Taking it slow in the UK

The fair's in town. So, taking it slow (in a sense) down there:

[​IMG]

Then not winning the little guy on 'The Claw' - no surprise!!

[​IMG]

Then really taking it slow in the pub after...

[​IMG]

Have a good weekend.

8. Hey Julian -

Great use of the theme! I like them all, especially the last.

Thanks for sharing these.

Eric

9. plusfour

plusfour Guest

Thanks Eric - the last was kind of fun..!

10. Sunday afternoon, back yard relaxation.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8
    original.jpg

11. Hey Frits -

Very nice - both your photo and your subject!

Looks like a warm Sunday afternoon for you guys . . .

Eric

12. Taking it slow with Cafe friends

I was invited to Frank's home for a slow Sunday lunch. Weather was fine in the morning and we had a great time relaxing and waiting for Rich to arrive.

original.gif

But Rich was slow and the weather changed faster. When we saw this coming, we had to move indoor.

View attachment 98410

Rich was taking it really slowly and when he arrived, rain had already stopped and we had a great time relaxing and talking the whole afternoon.

View attachment 98411

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Phil that is fantastic:>))))

14. These dangling artsy balls made me slow-down, stop, ponder and think. This is an art installation that is part of the luminato arts festival currently being held in Toronto.

[​IMG]

As a companion piece, there were also these floating horses of doom, maybe reminders of a slower time?? my metering was sloppy...

[​IMG]

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I took a slow walk down to the river.
    These folks were taking it really slow.
    79912782.gif

So I walked back home and these guys were taking thier sweet time at the bird feeder.

View attachment 98413

So I slowly walked up and said. Now what are you doing in there. Your food is on the ground and encouraged him to leave.
    So up the pole he goes and watches me watching him:>)))
    View attachment 98414

Well what can you do but laugh. They are just so cute:>))))

16. Hey Phil -

What a treat to be able to meet up with good friends so many miles away from home!

I'm sure that Frank and Rich enjoyed being able to get together with you also.

Eric

17. Hey Victor -

Wow - your photo is positively Escher-esque!

Looks an amazing installation . . .

Thanks,

Eric

18. Hey Gale -

Whether barefoot with a fishing pole, or dangling by one's back legs from the bird feeder, these photos epitomize "taking it slow" - LOL.

It's also reassuring for me to see evidence that the squirrels down your way realy do have front legs, too!

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. - Are you gearing up for Friday's plannned Shuttle launch?

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yep they do have all 4's when they don't have them tucked underneath in stealth mode you can't see me ...lololol

OH YES
    WILL BE AT THE LAUNCH VIEWING SITE FOR SURE.
    Several of us from the cafe
    Nancy (flygirl) and her hysband, Robin, Harry and his wife Linda.
    Mike Mac even:>)))))))
    Hopefully Harris, maybe Kevin .
    I just pray she goes on Friday Night.
    Weather is looking good so far. Time is great, sweet light time if lucky ,at 7:39 PM

20. Thansk Eric! I'm still trying to figure out how the balls got reflected inside themselves. I don't recall now, but there must have been another set of balls in front, either that or its magic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.