CS #388 - Sunrise

Sunrise?!!!!! I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've been up and about at sunrise...... LOL!!!

Actually, here is an image from one of those times -- the Spring 2009 shoot on the Eastern Shore of Maryland:

p31213187-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Nicely done, I like the fog coming off the lake.

Now we're pushing limits. You want us to not only be awake at sunrise, but to be able to function??? :sleep: That's a tough assignment...

In the meantime, here's a shot from a few years back - fishing with my son during sunrise.

Fred, for not functioning, that is well done! Most of the time, I'm either driving to work or in office already when the sun peeks over the mountains.[/quote]

Last edited:
Thanks, all! Yes, I figured that chances are slim that I'll actually be rising before dawn and going out to capture the sunrise this week, so in looking back on the few times I actually HAVE done that, decided to share an older image rather than nothing at all. :)

Fred, that is a gorgeous shot you captured! Hope you managed to get a few fish, too....

What a remarkable image. We see a lot of nice images here at the Cafe, but only a few stop me in place and make me say "wow". You just did. Absolutely stunning. Perfect timing and exposure. From the doe looking alert to the one paw raised, to the hot spot of sunlight reflecting on the water like molten metal, with the fog behind - simply wonderful.

Thanks, all! Yes, I figured that chances are slim that I'll actually be rising before dawn and going out to capture the sunrise this week, so in looking back on the few times I actually HAVE done that, decided to share an older image rather than nothing at all. :)

Fred, that is a gorgeous shot you captured! Hope you managed to get a few fish, too....

Thanks Connie - yes as I remember - we caught a bunch of fish that morning, limited out early, each of them bigger than the last...and you know how truthful we fishermen are about our adventures. ;)

WOW, two stunning images in this thread now!!!!! Don, I love the vivid colors in your sunrise shot and the interesting cloud pattern. Menbrial, that deer image is absolutely jaw-dropping! Beautiful! I hope you're printing it and putting it on your wall.
Thank you Connie!

One of my oldtime faves

C724M9C0rqcajiNuzXhe2lTKV0EhP4KkGOyYpSsrf6I=w800-h600-no.png

I call it "Pink Duckie Morning"​

One of my oldtime faves

Great shot Ed. Love the misting and sunlight.

One of my oldtime faves

Nice! Great fog and subtle coloring

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom