Good evening or morning depending on where you are on this great round ball we call Earth. Yes, it's been a while since I've been around. However, when Sam asks me to host, I really try to find time to play. For some reason I always choose a week, then everything decides to hit me at once. This time, it's another move, wrapping up my tour here in UT and heading back to OH (and more importantly, the spousal unit) in a few weeks.
This week's theme is a two-fold: Sunrises...
First, Since we tend to be awake at dusk (unless you live in the upper latitudes),
we gravitate to sunset pictures. But getting out of bed for a sunrise is a different story, it takes work and planning. After almost 3 yrs in UT, I've determined that sunrises are much more subtle than the sunsets given the mountains to the east, which tends to hide the sun till it's higher in the sky.
My second reason is a personal one. This is Easter Weekend. For us Christians in the group, sunrise has a significant meaning on this day.
So let me start us out:
1. Pretty views:
2. The early fishing:
3. You can see mating rituals not present during the day.
I've gotten up twice this week to see the sage grouse mating dance at the Henefer Lek. The silly birds didn't want to come close this year. Still it was a treat to watch these guys strutting around.
All the rules apply, let's have some fun waking up early. Remember the early bird gets the worm!
• Participants will shoot pictures representing the theme (“Whatever the host has chosen”) for that week.
• Posted images must be shot from 12:01am Thursday thru midnight the following Wednesday.
• All members of the Nikon Café are Welcome to participate.
• Be courteous & respectful of others when commenting on images.
• The CS is non-competitive and there are no "places" or "prizes." No fees, no special registration or statements from participants.
• Themes and posted images must be rated "E" for everyone -- no obscenity, pornography, violent content, etc.
• Participants must post their own images and respect the intellectual property of others.
• Post as often as you like. But please limit each post to three images.
• Please limit each image to a maximum of 800 pixels per height/width.
• Have Fun!!
Nice set Al, but that first one... wow!
Sunrise?!!!!! I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've been up and about at sunrise...... LOL!!!
Actually, here is an image from one of those times -- the Spring 2009 shoot on the Eastern Shore of Maryland:
Well executed Fred. I missed sunrise by about 30 mins today... Hope I can get a chance during the week.
Great shot MenBrial!
Very interesting shot Ed. Very unusual with the fog.
Nice shots Paul. #1 is my favorite of the 2.From two years ago at the ocean...
This morning, I got up a little late (6:45am), so did quick shots on the way to the mailbox with my Fuji and made an HDR from two of them...
Beautiful Easter Morning Sunrise shots Fred.
Nicely done. I love the clouds and colors.
Wow, that one is spectacular.
Nice contrast of the water and sun.