CS #39 - "Spring"

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by ozarkshome, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Spring is nearly sprung. Get out and take a photo that expresses your interpretation of the end of spring. (and if you can't get out, post some you have taken this spring which express this feeling).

Post your photos starting now and continuing through the end of the day on Tuesday, June 19. Go with your own time zone for this. Feel free to post more than one shot, but try to keep your sizes reasonable so as not to prohibit viewing by those on dial-up. Feel free to express yourself verbally regarding your photos.

Anyone that happens to be in Fiji can start posting NOW!
    :smile:

2. LJ0913

LJ0913 Guest

I won't be able to make it out between those dates, so here's my image from last weekend. Taken in the Mount Diablo Foothils in Walnut Creek, CA.

538913840_7ef66ecd0a.

3. George

George Guest

I am having a problem uploading an image, I used the following URL:
    http://k53.pbase.com/g6/89/738089/2/73352664.8y0k0WTN.jp[/IMG], this was the url in the image properties.

http://k53.pbase.com/g6/89/738089/2/73352664.8y0k0WTN.jp[/IMG]

4. George:

• Navigate within your Pbase galleries to the image you wish to post; click on the image thumbnail to load the full-size image
    • Copy the URL in the browser address bar. DO NOT right click on the image and copy the URL shown in the image properties window; a URL obtained in this way will not link reliably. The URL should be in this format: [noparse]http://www.pbase.com/your_pbase_account_name/image/xxxxxxxx [/noparse] (example:[noparse]http://www.pbase.com/dave_dickerson/image/71155202[/noparse])
    • Click the [IMGN]https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/images/editor/insertimage.gif[/IMGN]insert-image button and paste (control-v) the full image URL into the box, add ".jpg" (without quotes so that the URL looks like this: [noparse]http://www.pbase.com/your_pbase_account_name/image/xxxxxxxx.jpg [/noparse] ) and click OK.
    • Use "Preview Post" to check your photo displays correctly (make any necessary changes)
    • Click "Submit Reply" when all is well

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. AndrewT

AndrewT

Mar 18, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Taken on May 18th, in a Glendalough, Ireland. It is an image of the monatic ruins in the distance.

159936488-L-1.

6. George

George Guest

Dave,
    I'll give it another go & see what happens.

Should the image come through it was taken with the Nikkor 300mm F4, tripod mounted.

George

7. George

George Guest

Thanks Dave, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attached are a couple more images that were taken with the same 300 F4 lens, trpod mounted, it has to be one of Nikons better lens. 73352669.
    View attachment 100735

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank you Dave,
    I have been saying this all along about posting from pbase.....

Nice images folks

9. Thanks folks, keep 'em coming!

10. Well, I got this one today, but wasn't sure if it was worth posting. Okay, I'm posting it anyway. The wind was blowing so it's not exactly the sharpest.

555067233_ec63d8c03d_b.

11. here's two recent one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Every season has its bounty. I enjoy the black raspberries and blackberries of late Spring, but the passing of Spring just means that I won't have too long to wait for elderberries:biggrin:.

[​IMG]

13. Late spring for us means dance recital. I said I'd never be one of those moms who's all wrapped up in her kid's activities, but I lied. We've been having dance 3 times a week leading up to recital, and then Melissa danced in 2 performances this weekend. She was amazing! Our extended family came for the performances and brought.....

Flowers for the ballerina...

[​IMG]

And flowers for the ballerina...

[​IMG]

And did I mention, flowers for the ballerina!

[​IMG]

Boy, does my house smell good:biggrin:!

14. Adding a few more that I took today. I'm terrible lately about taking photos...once I put the camera away after this weekend, I probably won't take it out again for months. So please indulge me in some late spring flowers taken around my house in very bright sun!

The hostas are just beginning to bloom:

[​IMG]

The strawberries are going crazy! I started last year with about a dozen plants, and this year they spread like mad, I got quarts and quarts of berries, and they're still going strong!

[​IMG]

The pansies have been smiling since very early spring:

[​IMG]

The yarrow (my favorite flower to dry and keep around the house) promises to open soon:

[​IMG]

The lilies, however, are still closed up tight. I have an entire bed devoted to them, and they're all driving me crazy by making me wait!

[​IMG]

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have a couple for you...Just have not had time to process them.
    I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger.
    I'll try to remember.....

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OK:>)))
    Ya know spring is over when the birds leave the rookerys. They have for awhile ,returned to the Viera wetlands. Then they will move on again.

Roseate Spoonbills and a pair of Black Neck Stilts with some young ones.

More Roseys and a lone Great White Egret
    View attachment 100739

Ibis and Glossy Ibis
    View attachment 100740

Light yesterday was changing very quickly
    So a variety of color.. Not PP errors:))))) Could have done a match color in PS, but decide to just leave them alone and do straight processing and cropping.

I do not take landscape pictures often. Not a strong point:>)))

Enjoy

17. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Thanks for a great theme, Larry! Late spring in our part of Texas means that summer is already here, and all the wildflowers have pretty much died off. I spent the weekend with my folks in Michigan, where I found some of their wildflowers still going strong with a few Texas wildflowers thrown in from their trip here last year...

562838379_429c175104_o.

View attachment 100742

View attachment 100743

View attachment 100744

18. Some very nice shots so far. As is true for many of you, the advance of spring means in my area means more and more flowers in bloom

original.

original.

It's always a treat when the hummers arrive in full force in late spring
    original.

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that hummer is spectacular Dave:>)))

All very pretty pics