CS #392 - Sound and Silence

I hear you, Tom.
[What I don't understand is why these guys are fishing from atop the falls. To me, that looks a tad on the insane side.]
Darn looking at it now it seems to have gone soft on me through PBase. That is why I dislike not being able to edit!!
I agree Bob, but I have been told it is not at all slippery and very wide. They fish on the dam to get to the big cats and bass under the rocks below, the center of the damn seems to be lower than the edges, everyone, except me walks the damn. As adults, my children confessed to walking it (you find out the darnedest things when they grow up ). It is only a few feet deep on the back side of the damn.

A lot of noise.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
That's an excellent picture Tom - it really conveys the force of the water.

I've been looking for a scene like that to try out a new ND filter, but not much luck so far :(

R

Richard Jones

I quite understand the "here and now" concept, but when, as I have explained a number of times it is not possible to shoot, process and post my slide-originated photos from a given week in the CS time frame, despite the fact that I am shooting all the time, why an exemption could not have been granted. My photos are "fresh", but just not as fresh as those of the Digital shooters.
And besides, how many Film only shooters participate in this particular forum? Besides me, I can't think of any others.
But instead of finding a solution of inclusion, you and the other Moderators have instead chosen a solution of exclusion.
And so I'll no longer be able to participate in what was my favorite thread on this site, the Collective Shoots.
Robert
"Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission"

Out early today, and no clouds, this is my Roar image I had planned to post with the whisper pic above.

Nice shot!

Victoria Embankment, Nottingham by Andy McDonald, on Flickr

I think that this qualifies for this topic, this looks quite quiet but was taken at about 840 this morning in the centre of Nottingham - so plenty of traffic noise.
It's a very calm looking photo - one wouldn't think it was noisy. I like the simple lines and contrast of the steps and water.

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)

I think that this qualifies for this topic, this looks quite quiet but was taken at about 840 this morning in the centre of Nottingham - so plenty of traffic noise.
A bit of an illustration of what this scene would convey for someone who is deaf. This would be tranquil with no traffic sound disturbing the scene.
It's a lovely capture. I like the steps leading my eye along the water to the building and gorgeous sky at the end.

Yes, one could infer activity and noise in the background, but it seems quite peaceful from the camera's point of view.
Very pleasing shot, Andy.

A bit of an illustration of what this scene would convey for someone who is deaf. This would be tranquil with no traffic sound disturbing the scene.
It's a lovely capture. I like the steps leading my eye along the water to the building and gorgeous sky at the end.
Yes, one could infer activity and noise in the background, but it seems quite peaceful from the camera's point of view.
Very pleasing shot, Andy.
Thanks both.

Patti, Great job hosting a Great theme!! We Thank you!
We also want to thank all who participated,
you’ve all been great!!
And now if you’ll follow us on over to CS 393,
where Mike (mwhartman) has “Water” up and running!
:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom