1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS #40 - "Summertime, and the livin' is easy..."

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Schlitz, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Last week, Larry had us all take a last look at Spring. June 21st marks the beginning of summer, so let’s celebrate Summertime!:890:

The guidelines for this shoot are simple: shoot and post anything you want (within Café guidelines, of course) that shows us what summer is to you – kicking back in a hammock, swimming, vacationing, eating watermelon and ice cream, taking summertime pics of new babies (this way we get the new Mom’s and Dad’s of the Café involved too) – you get the idea! As always, try to post up shots that have been taken within the shooting period for this Collective Shoot. However, if you’re not able to get out, don't let that stop you, take some inside pics or post something from last summer (this means that our Southern Hemisphere friends don't get the weekend off!). The idea is to have “Hot Fun in the Summertime”, and not let the “Summertime Blues” get to you. Post as many pictures as you’d like, but please keep in mind that some members have slower connections – so please keep your file sizes reasonable.

The shooting period starts at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, and runs through 6:00 p.m. Sunday your local time. I really look forward to seeing everyone's pictures!

Post your pictures in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Well I was thinking of some snow pictures to cool you down up there!!!

3. tommyc

tommyc

May 2, 2006
    Georgia
    Playtime at the Pool

[​IMG]

Oops, I jumped the gun a little. Sorry

4. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    It's hard to believe that just a couple of months ago we were all bemoaning the long cold winter we northern hemispherians had this year (Texas included!). With the temps here in the high 90's, please send a little snow our way, Geoff!

Not to worry Tommy -- what a great way to get the summer jump started! I love the "the look" with the glasses!

5. Well, it's gray, foggy and wet here in Edinburgh today and the forecast for the weekend is more of the same so not everywhere in the northern hemisphere is summery. :rolleyes: 

Ronnie

6. Mine is a little early too. :redface:

How about a group shot of the sand carving competition at Hampton Beach, NH ? :smile:

7. tommyc

tommyc

May 2, 2006
    Georgia

Wow! Got any close ups of the individual carvings?

8. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Ronnie -- all the more reason to get the family together to play some games and catch up on what everyone's up to. And don't forget to take some inside pictures! Practice with some summertime indoor family portrait shots and post 'em up!

Cool shot, Gretchen! Did you stitch a couple together for this? I need to try my hand a panoramic shot. And it's never too early to post! With all due respect to Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet... "It's six o'clock somewhere!"

9. Yes, I put a thread here that has 13 images. They're more of the carvers than the sculptures. I do have more of the sculptures that I need to process. They were not yet finished when we left. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. No, actually, that's just a shot with my 12-24, probably close to 12mm, I cropped out a distracting head from the near end and then just made the top/bottom crop for the pano look. :smile:

11. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Summer fun

On a beautiful clear crisp summer morning like today, almost anything outdoors is fun. This is my neighbor enjoying mowing some of his alfalfa.

[​IMG]

12. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Ah yes... growing up in the midwest, I remember riding on the tractor and wagon while helping my grandpa cut and bale hay in the fields. That was a lot of work! There is nothing like the smell of fresh cut hay or alfalfa in the summertime. Thanks for the memory, Bob!

13. Nothing says summertime like hovercraft racing! :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused: 

[​IMG]

(I'd never heard of such until discovering "HoverRally '07" in my new town. :eek: )

14. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Hovercraft racing -- how cool! I've never heard of that either. But then again if it moves, men will race it! Thanks for sharing part of your weekend with us, Ron. It looks like fun!

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy you have that right Dave if it moves they will try to race it. Doesn't matter how big, how fast.

Great and looks like fun
    Thanks

16. Two great ways to cool off on a hot summer day.

A dip in the pool

original.

And an ice cappuccino.

original.
    FinePix S5Pro    ---    70mm    f/4.0    1/40s    ISO 1600

17. One of my favorite summertime shooting locations on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.

[​IMG]

18. The pleasures of summer of a somewhat different kind.

Getting up real early, to catch the first rays of sunlight and to continue reading a good book that you had a hard time putting down the evening before.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 85mm f/1.4
    original.

19. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Now that looks like fun, Phil! I sure hope you didn't take that new S5 underwater for the photo of the kids!

20. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Wow, Dave -- that's a beautiful photo! The greens are just awesome, and the waterfall is silky smooth. That must be a gorgeous area to hike around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.