1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS #46 - Free form

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Dave Dickerson, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We've run into more technical difficulties, so Collective Shoot #46 will be extended. This CS will continue to be free form-anything you shoot (within Cafe guidelines) within the shooting period is eligible.

The shooting period is extended through Monday August 13 your local time. The posting period will be from right now through next Thursday August 16. We'll limit the number of images to three per post, and please keep and eye on your file sizes in deference to those with slower connections.

Those of you who posted in the first week of this CS are most invited to post again this week.

Post your images in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Quiet weekend

It has been too hot and humid to do very much here, but I did spy this skipper cooling its butt on a zinnia leaf today. I believe it’s a Hobomok skipper (Poanes hobomok). If anyone has a differing opinion, please let me know:smile:.

DSC_1855sm.
    NIKON D70    ---    300mm    f/8.0    1/125s    ISO 200

3. Nice composition and exposure, Bob.

4. I was crossing the Virginia Tech Campus on my way to town yesterday and was struck by the brilliant crepe myrtle blossoms behind the ceremonial cannon.

180674559-L.

5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Jim, I'm glad you "didn't leave home without it" (your camera:smile:)  -- that's too pretty a scene to have missed.

6. Nice work on the skipper, Bob. Love the colors.

Thanks for your contribution, Jim. Good eye. I don't recognize the location on the Tech Campus-is this on the Upper Quad?

7. I just got back from a week in Corolla, NC on the Outer Banks. Here are a few shots from the past couple of days:

Beach house
    original.
    NIKON D200    ---    17mm    f/5.6    1/400s    ISO 100

Sunrise
    original.
    NIKON D200    ---    34mm    f/11.0    1/13s    ISO 100

Pelican
    original.
    NIKON D200    ---    420mm    f/7.1    1/800s    ISO 200

8. The building behind the crepe myrtle is Rasche Hall.

I enjoyed your beach shots. We need to talk as my wife and I are considering a trip to the Outer Banks in early September, but haven't made any reservations yet.

9. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Dave, that looks like a great way:cool:  to spend the end of July and early August, but I'll bet that the week felt too short:wink:.

10. Well, I was determined to not miss out on this shoot! How about Jimmy celebrating his 13th b-day on Aug 4!

1029796074_b07ad5f345_b.

11. The weekend was extremely hot and I could not stay in the open for long. So just took a short visit to my friends.

original.

The sun was so strong that another friend had to hide under the tree.

original.
    FinePix S5Pro    ---    400mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    ISO 200

I wanted to go street shooting today, but my plan was washed away by a thunderstorm. :mad: 

12. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    Two different shots from this weekend...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Thanks, Bob and Jim.

Way, way too short. :frown:

Cute shot, Dianne. Love the "horns"-what a classic. :smile: Hope Jimmy had a happy birthday.

Love the egrets, Phil. Another great illustration of why they're called cattle egrets in #1. I really like the composition and exposure in #2.

I'm so glad you added your contributions, ghursh. Welcome to the Cafe! I like the conversion of #1, and the sky in #2 is just wonderful.

14. I can't complain. My weekend was quite entertaining. I had lots of fun with old and young elephants (more later):

181092700-O.

... saw an insane amount of fish fighting for food with each other (and the ducks)...

181092678-O.

(imagine the whole mess was several times that big :eek: )

...and was on a juggler festival which is taking place in the city.

181092723-O.

Cannot say I was bored. :smile:

15. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Understatement of the week!! Cool shots Daniel:cool: , although I'm not sure I'd want to wave my camera around that close to the elephant.

16. Ginger

A shot from Saturday, the day after our 2nd daughter was born.

[​IMG]

17. Your shots are entertaining as well, Daniel. :smile: I really like the juggler pic, and the trunk image put a big grin on face.

Wonderful shot of your lovely daughter, Julio. Congratulations, and welcome to the Cafe!

18. The form of a salt & pepper set.

(you know you're not shooting enough when you get all excited just looking at the dinner table...:smile::eek: 

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 200mm f/2.0
    original.

19. Face Off on the Plaza
    181187488-L.

Steel Drum Orchestra
    [​IMG]

Future Bass Player
    [​IMG]

D200 18-200VR

20. I really like this, Frits-very cool. Thanks for contributing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.