CS #477 - Ice cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
I'm posting this early, to give people a chance to get a jump on the CS.

This will wrap up the year, so it is your opportunity to get in those last minute, perfect shots, to cap off a fun 2015! :)

The theme can be interpreted literally (ice/water, cool/cold weather, people dressed warmly, favorite cold beverages), or metaphorically (diamonds, someone's personality/expression). Have fun with this, and show everyone your creativity with this theme.

Normal CS rules apply - max 3 shots per post, post as often as desired, shots taken within the CS time frame (midnight 12/30 to midnight 1/6 your local time), G-rated, size 800 px on long edge (you can link to larger, if needed), play nice in the sand box (or ice rink). :)

Here are a few (literal) examples...

The view out our porch door on a bitter cold night we had (I think from last year):
cs-321-6993.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After getting pummelled with snow:
IMG_1258.jpg

Just Tuesday, when we got our first snow, really high winds, and some colder weather (20's F), I shot out our kitchen window (still with some Winter decorations):
cs-477-5406.jpg

Let's see what you got!

Super theme and examples Paul. I'll probably have to go with something from the refrigerator to get any type of temperature cold effect. A great close to 2015 and a really neat entry to 2016. So let's all have a lot of fun with it. Thanks for hosting Paul.

Real Name
Paul
Good timing for this theme, Paul, and very nice examples. [I've tried things similar to your first shot many times, but have never gotten exactly what I wanted -- maybe my luck will change this week.]
It was, fortunately, dumb luck. I was taking the dog out at night, the deck light was on, and I noticed the cool frost on the doors and windows. Grabbed the camera and took a few shots. I haven't seen that since.

Real Name
Paul
Super theme and examples Paul. I'll probably have to go with something from the refrigerator to get any type of temperature cold effect. A great close to 2015 and a really neat entry to 2016. So let's all have a lot of fun with it. Thanks for hosting Paul.
Yeah, you'll have to be a little creative, but remember, cold is relative (my brother puts on a sweater when it is 65F in California - I'll still have shorts and a tee shirt on. :)

Looking forward to you shots Art!

Yeah, you'll have to be a little creative, but remember, cold is relative (my brother puts on a sweater when it is 65F in California - I'll still have shorts and a tee shirt on. :)

Looking forward to you shots Art!

Cold may be relative but in the physical world "ice cold" has an upper temperature limit. I can think of a few other uses of the term, though :)

Larry

Real Name
Paul
So we had snow and ice and freezing rain Tuesday. Nothing changed Wednesday, so today, I went out and took some shots in hte morning, before the sun melted everything...

cs-477-4476.jpg

cs-477-4474.jpg

Paul : ...you are teasing me !!! Dont forget its ice cold weather here since one week , it is 35f -40f below every night here !!!! ( and remember 20f is a HEAT wave for us !!!)...ill get out this week end and take some pic ( if i am in the mood :ROFLMAO: )

So we had snow and ice and freezing rain Tuesday. Nothing changed Wednesday, so today, I went out and took some shots in hte morning, before the sun melted everything...

cs-477-4476.jpg

cs-477-4474.jpg

Nice shots to show us this theme Paul. That's quite a layering of ice. BRRRRR!

Real Name
Paul
Paul : ...you are teasing me !!! Dont forget its ice cold weather here since one week , it is 35f -40f below every night here !!!! ( and remember 20f is a HEAT wave for us !!!)...ill get out this week end and take some pic ( if i am in the mood :ROFLMAO: )
Looking forward to what you come up with for 2016. Remember, these first pictures of the year, will set the stage for the whole year! No pressure! :) :)

Real Name
Paul
There is always a Frozen bobble head doll. :)
Haven't seen one of them...

Really though, anything to do with cold. Can be a color, object, expression, etc. Doesn't need to be a literal translation of "ice cold". Maybe I should have dropped the "ice" from the subject. :)

Use whatever poetic license you desire and have fun with the theme!

I know it's cold,
Ice Cold

IMG_1953.jpg

But it's 2016 Mr Glue Bear,
Sooooo...Back in Your Box

edit: last minute change​

No ice around here, but I did go out to see if I could find something that looked cold. The best I could do was this deceptive spot along the edge of one of the streams. It looked very inviting in the direct sunlight, but I guarantee I did not dip my toes in the water.:eek:

DSC_5591sm.jpg

I know it's cold,
Ice Cold

IMG_1953.jpg

Good going Ed! I chuckled when I saw this one.

No ice around here, but I did go out to see if I could find something that looked cold. The best I could do was this deceptive spot along the edge of one of the streams. It looked very inviting in the direct sunlight, but I guarantee I did not dip my toes in the water.:eek:

DSC_5591sm.jpg

It does look inviting. Nice Bob.

Real Name
Paul
I know it's cold,
Ice Cold

IMG_1953.jpg

Love it! Your Mr Glue Bear lines are funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom