CS #478 - Let there be light...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Happy New Year, Everyone!

I'm very happy to be hosting our next Collective Shoot (Thank you, Art! :)) and our subject is something that we see everyday and also affects a very large part of our lives. Our subject for this week?

LIGHT

Your challenge for this CS is to capture light in as many forms as possible. From stoplights to moonlight...sunlight to candlelight - I want to see it all!

Here are just a couple of examples for you:

Glowing Lights
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Early Morning Light

Headlights

Now, all of the usual CS rules remain in effect, and this challenge will last until 11:59 pm on Wednesday, January 13th (which just happens to be my birthday - who knew??? :p).

Anywhoo...off you go and bring me back some fabulous images! :D

Good morning Lyndee. Terrific theme and examples. Thanks for hosting for us this week.

Oh this sounds fun. I had an ice themed pic, but never got to it,, I am in holiday recovery mode,,,.. Maybe I can use the idea here.

It was a heck of a nice day to get out with the camera. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and light was everywhere – even along this path leading towards my main woods. [Not as dramatic as your examples, but I was happy to see the sunshine.]

[Still no measureable snow here, and a warm front with rain forecast for overnight and tomorrow.:eek:]

It was a heck of a nice day to get out with the camera. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and light was everywhere – even along this path leading towards my main woods. [Not as dramatic as your examples, but I was happy to see the sunshine.]

[Still no measureable snow here, and a warm front with rain forecast for overnight and tomorrow.:eek:]
Pretty pathway Bob. Very inviting for a nice morning walk.

Nice shot Bob! Looks like a great place to walk, especially with sun out.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

Marvelous scene, Bob, and look how the light is highlighting the path through the woods! Great first start to our Challenge and warm weather in Ohio? Wowww... So far, we've had an unusual start to the winter season here in the Midwest, as our temperatures have been above normal and in the 40's.

And...

I'm okay with that! :)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I like to take photos at the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis, as, after services, the church is nice and quiet. They don't mind photographers at all, and they allow tripods. Soooo...I typically head there once a month to practice. In particular, I love to photograph this cherub, as I love how the available light hits his face:

I like to take photos at the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis, as, after services, the church is nice and quiet. They don't mind photographers at all, and they allow tripods. Soooo...I typically head there once a month to practice. In particular, I love to photograph this cherub, as I love how the available light hits his face:

Excellent shot Lyndee. Nice that you can take shots in the church, as they often have some great subjects to shoot, between statues, stained glass windows, architecture, organs,...

I've been hoping for good weather for the past few weeks, and it has been nice. Extremely cold, but nice. Why? Well, so I can enjoy the LIGHT!

Wednesday they put up the rails, and installed 20 panels. Today, they did the remaining 10. Of course, now that they are done, it is cloudy. :) But, the panels are still generating almost 600W.

These babies, at 285W, really love the LIGHT!

Nice lighting Lyndee. It's a really pretty statue.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom