CS #483 - Pets....yes P-E-T-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting this up a bit early as I have a dental appointment early tomorrow morning

Welcome to CS #483 - Pets!

This shoot is open to all and runs from...well now actually...but officially from 12:01 AM 2/11/2016 until midnight 2/17/2016 (your time).

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to photograph "pets" and pet related items. I take pet to mean:

"noun
the teacher's pet: favorite, darling, the apple of one's eye; informal fair-haired boy/girl, daddy's girl.

adjective
1 an animal such as a lamb, dog, or cat: tame, domesticated, domestic, housebroken, house-trained.
2 his pet theory: favorite, favored, cherished, dear to one's heart; particular, special, personal.

verb
The cats came to be petted: stroke, caress, fondle, pat."

Take photos of any of the above during the CS time frame and post them online with any info you wish to include about how the photo was taken or specifically who or what is in it. Extra credit will be given for thinking outside the "box" (not litter box however)"

OK, enough buffoonery out of me let's all get to it. The usual forum rules apply, specifically make sure that all photos are your own and are family friendly. Most of all, enjoy the shoot!

Look forward to seeing what each of my partners here on the Nikon Cafe has to offer.

To start off, these were taken earlier this week of my friend's alert dog "KK Lani (Child of Heaven). She was assaulted by another dog (not any I have posted about) and had significant damage to her jaw along with her tongue being detached. She was in ICU for 2 1/2 weeks and the VETS were magnificent about repairing the damage and taking care of her. She is home now and doing well, but all of her parts don't fully function yet and she is still on a feeding tube. She was doing her doggie smile today so possibly I will get a shot of that later this week and post it. Obviously we are all glad she seems to be recovering...she means so much to her owner and everyone who knows her.

Taken Monday a day after coming home, in Starbuck's available lighting:
"Angel of the Morning"
IMG_2110_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tongue doesn't quite work right yet. She can't even lick up water,
but she is obviously happy to be here with her humans.
IMG_2113.jpg

She get's tired easily
IMG_2114.jpg

Sorry about the mixed image sizes...its just the way I edit.
Tried to show only happy and hopeful images.

Last edited:
Great theme Ed and very touching samples to get us going. I'm so glad that she is recovering. That's wonderful. Nice shots of a beautiful friend.

Real Name
Paul
Putting this up a bit early as I have a dental appointment early tomorrow morning

Welcome to CS #483 - Pets!

This shoot is open to all and runs from...well now actually...but officially from 12:01 AM 2/11/2016 until midnight 2/17/2016 (your time).

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to photograph "pets" and pet related items. I take pet to mean:

"noun
the teacher's pet: favorite, darling, the apple of one's eye; informal fair-haired boy/girl, daddy's girl.

adjective
1 an animal such as a lamb, dog, or cat: tame, domesticated, domestic, housebroken, house-trained.
2 his pet theory: favorite, favored, cherished, dear to one's heart; particular, special, personal.

verb
The cats came to be petted: stroke, caress, fondle, pat."

Take photos of any of the above during the CS time frame and post them online with any info you wish to include about how the photo was taken or specifically who or what is in it. Extra credit will be given for thinking outside the "box" (not litter box however)"

OK, enough buffoonery out of me let's all get to it. The usual forum rules apply, specifically make sure that all photos are your own and are family friendly. Most of all, enjoy the shoot!

Look forward to seeing what each of my partners here on the Nikon Cafe has to offer.

To start off, these were taken earlier this week of my friend's alert dog "KK Lani (Child of Heaven). She was assaulted by another dog (not any I have posted about) and had significant damage to her jaw along with her tongue being detached. She was in ICU for 2 1/2 weeks and the VETS were magnificent about repairing the damage and taking care of her. She is home now and doing well, but all of her parts don't fully function yet and she is still on a feeding tube. She was doing her doggie smile today so possibly I will get a shot of that later this week and post it. Obviously we are all glad she seems to be recovering...she means so much to her owner and everyone who knows her.

Taken Monday a day after coming home, in Starbuck's available lighting:
"Angel of the Morning"
IMG_2110_2.jpg

Tongue doesn't quite work right yet. She can't even lick up water,
but she is obviously happy to be here with her humans.
IMG_2113.jpg

She get's tired easily
IMG_2114.jpg

Sorry about the mixed image sizes...its just the way I edit.
Tried to show only happy and hopeful images.
Awesome shots Ed, especially that first one, and great back story!

Hmm... I'm going to have to think hard on this one, to find pets for subjects... :)

Real Name
Paul
Nice shot Art. I can sympathize with the dogs have a sweater on indoors. It's 5 degrees F out (at 11am) today, and I have a sweatshirt on.

Nice shot Art. I can sympathize with the dogs have a sweater on indoors. It's 5 degrees F out (at 11am) today, and I have a sweatshirt on.
Thanks Paul. They're a bit wimpy. The little white one weighs less than 4 lbs and the black one is 10.4 lbs. But Roxy, the black dog, has a heavy thick coat.

You knew Leo would make an appearance!
Morning play time:

IMG_2147.jpg

^I award myself extra points for showing the chandelier from last weeks shoot in the background.

IMG_2136-CS%252520Edit.jpg

First shot was available light and second was using flash

Real Name
Paul
You knew Leo would make an appearance!
Morning play time:

IMG_2147.jpg

^I award myself extra points for showing the chandelier from last weeks shoot in the background.

IMG_2136-CS%252520Edit.jpg

First shot was available light and second was using flash
Cute: Especially the first one.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi Ed. Touching story with a very good outcome. I am glad that your dog is getting back to normal after such a horrible ordeal. These are such nice shots that you have posted I wish you well and your favorite friend as well.
Cheers.
Mike

You’re nuts if you think I’m going to stand here without being paid for overtime!

DSC_2994sm.jpg

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi all I will try to play along if you don't mind. I received my new to me lens today. The 50mm f1.8 Pancake lens is one that I have looked at in the past but never taught of riley getting one myself. Well I changed my mind and bid on one some weeks ago. I won the the lens but their was a problem with it and I had to return it. Well I bid on another one and this time I was lucky and won it. It is a super compact lens Manual focus and very sharp at f2.8. Here is the one and only shot I have taken with this super little lens. It is raining here in Ireland so I won't be taking any more shots today.
I hope you like this and the other pet image that I will post.
Cheers.
Mike Skerritt.

24611823579_ef944e553c_b.jpg
Nikon 50mm f1.8 (Pancake lens)-Test slot-Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

Hi Ed. Touching story with a very good outcome. I am glad that your dog is getting back to normal after such a horrible ordeal. These are such nice shots that you have posted I wish you well and your favorite friend as well.
Cheers.
Mike

Thanks Mike. It is my friends dog but she is part of the family. Btw, what a nice smile you have.

Hi all I will try to play along if you don't mind. I received my new to me lens today. The 50mm f1.8 Pancake lens is one that I have looked at in the past but never taught of riley getting one myself. Well I changed my mind and bid on one some weeks ago. I won the the lens but their was a problem with it and I had to return it. Well I bid on another one and this time I was lucky and won it. It is a super compact lens Manual focus and very sharp at f2.8. Here is the one and only shot I have taken with this super little lens. It is raining here in Ireland so I won't be taking any more shots today.
I hope you like this and the other pet image that I will post.
Cheers.
Mike Skerritt.

24611823579_ef944e553c_b.jpg
Nikon 50mm f1.8 (Pancake lens)-Test slot-Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
Very nice shot, well done. What is your friends name?

You’re nuts if you think I’m going to stand here without being paid for overtime!

DSC_2994sm.jpg

He needs my skills as a labor negotiator Quite a nice portrait, Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom