CS #485 - Back to Basics

Welcome to CS #485 - Back to Basics

This CS runs from now until midnight on Wednesday 2nd March (based on whatever time zone you find yourself in).

The theme is "Back to Basics", which hopefully leaves enough creative room for everyone to be inventive.

Standard rules:
  • Your own photos
  • Family friendly
  • Photos have to be taken during the time of the theme.
  • Have fun
I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, but in the meantime here are three from me (from today, so within the rules ;) )...

1)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Victoria Embankment, Nottingham by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
I think that I have used this scene in a CS before, but this was taken with a basic 50/1.8E lens (through a focal reducer, so is more or less a "standard" lens).

2)

Victoria Embankment, Nottingham by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
Taken with the same basic lens, but also another staple scene for me.

3)

Back to BASICs by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
A bit of a play on words here, showing some BASIC code - which is where I started out coding a long time ago. Extra points to anyone who can tell which computer is being emulated on my phone...

Hello Andy and thanks for hosting us this week. I like the theme you've chosen. Golly I can think of so many ways that this can be interpreted. Can't wait to see everyone's entries.

Welcome to CS #485 - Back to Basics

Back to BASICs by Andy McDonald, on Flickr
A bit of a play on words here, showing some BASIC code - which is where I started out coding a long time ago. Extra points to anyone who can tell which computer is being emulated on my phone...
Andy I remember doing similar simple code on my Commodore VIC-20 around 1981. Interesting theme, I'll have to give it some thought.

Interesting theme Andy. Hopefully it won't be so open-ended that I'll struggle figuring out what to shoot. :)

Guessing at an Apple II or TRS-80 emulator?

Andy I remember doing similar simple code on my Commodore VIC-20 around 1981. Interesting theme, I'll have to give it some thought.
Hi Dave, that emulator is for a computer from around that time. I once tried out a Commodore 64 but never the VIC-20. The 80s were glory days for home computers though ;)

Well, back to basics for me is back to the type of photography I started with more than a few years ago. That means black and white and also using the "normal" lens I purchased in 1977, a 55mm f3.5 micro.

Larry

Well, back to basics for me is back to the type of photography I started with more than a few years ago. That means black and white and also using the "normal" lens I purchased in 1977, a 55mm f3.5 micro.

Larry

Excellent series Larry, and exactly the type of thing I was thinking of when I set this theme.

Larry

Nice set Larry. I like the XC trail, brings back memories when I used to go out numerous times on groomed trails.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom