CS #491 - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

I may have used another shot of this “model” in a previous CS, but this is about as close as I can get to a train. This was built by a local welder (named Zink), and it stands in his front yard.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Historical Aircraft Squadron maintains a museum at the Fairfield County Airport. The inside of the hanger was too crowded with current aircraft restoration projects [including a Folland Gnat] to allow photographs, but they did have this Beechcraft B-18 outdoors.

You are fortunate Harry, to have a gas-engine plane in your childhood, but this is all we can afford growing up, an "arm powered" paper plane ;););)
In some ways they were more fun anyway, Delbert.

My hobbies kept me broke then as now. I started working at age 10 with a delivery route, and my agreement with my parents was they wouldn't give me money, nor question how I spent what I earned. Bad lesson on several fronts, excessive number of model airplanes being one of them. :geek:

I may have used another shot of this “model” in a previous CS, but this is about as close as I can get to a train. This was built by a local welder (named Zink), and it stands in his front yard.

He actually changed his name, Bob, because he didn't know how to spell "zinc". May have been previous but I didn't see it .... so, it COUNTS!

The Historical Aircraft Squadron maintains a museum at the Fairfield County Airport. The inside of the hanger was too crowded with current aircraft restoration projects [including a Folland Gnat] to allow photographs, but they did have this Beechcraft B-18 outdoors.

That's a nice looking Beech, Bob. That was the "executive jet" of the 40's. What a handsome, classic profile!

I remember that. Nice shot Bob.

Cool plane. Looks like a target rich environment for shots.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Harry, your theme was a good idea.
A chance to get out of house to the fresh air.

I was at Bodensee Airport near Friedrichshafen. There's a wonderful terrace with a phenomenal view to the airport.

(1) Easy Jet Airbus

(2) Unknown manufacturer from Monarch

(3) Germania Airbus

Thanks Harry. I spent 3 wonderful hours there.
Klaus

Harry, your theme was a good idea.
A chance to get out of house to the fresh air.

I was at Bodensee Airport near Friedrichshafen. There's a wonderful terrace with a phenomenal view to the airport.

(1) Easy Jet Airbus

(2) Unknown manufacturer from Monarch

(3) Germania Airbus

Thanks Harry. I spent 3 wonderful hours there.
Klaus
Nice shots :D

Although I'm sure the Monarch is an Airbus 321 and the Germania a Boeing 737... ;)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Nice shots :D

Although I'm sure the Monarch is an Airbus 321 and the Germania a Boeing 737... ;)
Al, you're right.
The Monarch is an Airbus 321. I took a closer look to the detail photos.
About the Germania, I can't find any hint on the plane. So I think you're right again. I beg your pardon, I'm a first time plane spotter...

Thanks a lot
Klaus

Al, you're right.
The Monarch is an Airbus 321. I took a closer look to the detail photos.
About the Germania, I can't find any hint on the plane. So I think you're right again. I beg your pardon, I'm a first time plane spotter...

Thanks a lot
Klaus
No worries - it doesn't detract from the pictures at all :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom