CS #491 - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Here are two more of the Dodge...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lastly, another student had this Corvette, modified for racing, and was enjoying the class (even though it must have been cold driving). Parked...

On the skid pad...

At the school, we had a surprize attendance of students (and instructors) with classic cars. This 57 Chevy was an instructor's car, that he brought up to the event (didn't take it on the course).

Same here...

A student, though, brought this beauty...
Nice set of shots, Paul. Looks like that camera was quite active despite the other duties.

My opinion, of course, but a couple of oldies-but-not-so goodies and a rocketship ..... it would fly straight ahead but couldn't change course! :rolleyes::D

I'm no longer a car buff, so I very well might be missing something. So attribute those views to the '70's through '80's.

At the school, we had a surprize attendance of students (and instructors) with classic cars. This 57 Chevy was an instructor's car, that he brought up to the event (didn't take it on the course).

Same here...

A student, though, brought this beauty...
Nice set of shots, Paul. Looks like that camera was quite active despite the other duties.

My opinion, of course, but a couple of oldies-but-not-so goodies and a rocketship ..... it would fly straight ahead but couldn't change course! :rolleyes::D

I'm no longer a car buff, so I very well might be missing something. So attribute those views to the '70's through '80's.

Here are two more of the Dodge...

Like I said .... a rocketship. Always a muscle-car looker. Nice set.

Lastly, another student had this Corvette, modified for racing, and was enjoying the class (even though it must have been cold driving). Parked...

On the skid pad...

Now that looks like it would be fun to drive!

Thanks for this set as well, Paul.

Sunday, the car club I'm in, held an Advanced Driving Skills school up at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, in one of the big parking lots. In between instructing, and running around and helping coordinating things, I tried to take a bunch of pictures for the students and the club newsletter. It was a balmy 27 degrees F, in the morning, and got up to a tepid 46 degrees by the end of the day. At least by then, the water wasn't freezing on the cars and pylons. :)

Here are some cars on the skid pad exercise...

Great stuff. My wife drives an X3 but that car doesn't even touch a dirt road much less any sort of hard driving like this. Would be great fun to try (with a car - not an X3).

Like I said .... a rocketship. Always a muscle-car looker. Nice set.

Now that looks like it would be fun to drive!

Thanks for this set as well, Paul.
Great stuff. My wife drives an X3 but that car doesn't even touch a dirt road much less any sort of hard driving like this. Would be great fun to try (with a car - not an X3).
Thanks guys!

They're really cool cars. Probably not very practical now a days.

Rob, There were several X3 and X5 cars there (and other wagons as well). Other than some tire wear on the skid pad (though wet, so unless you power slide, you don't wear much at all), it's pretty tame on the car. All done in a parking lot. Teaches great every day skills like single and double lane changes (for emergencies), braking on a curve, understeer, oversteer, and ABS/non-ABS braking.

Harry, your theme was a good idea.
A chance to get out of house to the fresh air.

I was at Bodensee Airport near Friedrichshafen. There's a wonderful terrace with a phenomenal view to the airport.

(1) Easy Jet Airbus

(2) Unknown manufacturer from Monarch

(3) Germania Airbus

Thanks Harry. I spent 3 wonderful hours there.
Klaus
Nice series. Looks like you had a great vantage point.

Old rusty truck at Humboldt, Nebraska grain tower

I love the B&W treatment on the shot. Well done!

Heh! I thought for a minute Bob's "Rick" was back. That's a great catch and great processing, James.

Just wanted to join in, so nothing spectacular. The Sierra Northern Railway train is usually on this siding.
It seems that they have taken all the passenger/tourist cars someplace else.

Anyone notice that "Sierra" is spelled "Sera" at the front of the engine?

Hopefully I will get time next week to take something really worthwhile.​

Just wanted to join in, so nothing spectacular. The Sierra Northern Railway train is usually on this siding.

Really nice shots Ed. I like the perspective on the second one. I hear you about getting time... I only had a chance to shoot on Sunday. Doesn't look like I get an opportunity to get near trains/planes this week. :(

Harry, your mention of Lionel trains inspired me to look for my old train sets. These poor trains haven't seen the light of day (or been dusted) in sixty years.

Nothing wrong with these, Ed. Bright, colorful locomotives are always good subjects, and your second shot is an excellent and creative shot. Glad you joined in.

Harry, your mention of Lionel trains inspired me to look for my old train sets. These poor trains haven't seen the light of day (or been dusted) in sixty years.
Really great to see these old-timers, Dave. Excellent setup and composition. I take it the one on the left is full scale O Guage. Are the ones on the center-right also "O's", or are they the slightly small guage (can't remember ... "O2"?).

Really great to see these old-timers, Dave. Excellent setup and composition. I take it the one on the left is full scale O Guage. Are the ones on the center-right also "O's", or are they the slightly small guage (can't remember ... "O2"?).
Thanks Harry. I don't believe the two steam engines and cars are Lionel. There is no name on them and they are not as nice as the Lionel engine and cars on the left. The steam engines belonged to my brother and they are probably late 30s vintage. The diesel engine and cars are mine and are from the early 50s. The diesel engine and cars are O gauge. The steam engines and cars run on the O gauge but they might be O27.

Thanks Harry. I don't believe the two steam engines and cars are Lionel. There is no name on them and they are not as nice as the Lionel engine and cars on the left. The steam engines belonged to my brother and they are probably late 30s vintage. The diesel engine and cars are mine and are from the early 50s. The diesel engine and cars are O gauge. The steam engines and cars run on the O gauge but they might be O27.
O27 .... that's what I was trying to remember ..... thanks. I didn't know other people made trains to run on Lionel track. Learn something new every day here.

Nice shot Dave. Brings back memories.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom