CS #493 - Favorites

This week the theme of our collective shoot is Favorites. We all know what our favorites are. It could be your favorite pet, family member, car, park, house, restaurant. Sure! It can also be your favorite camera body and/or lens. Maybe it's a shot taken with your favorite lens or your favorite camera bag. You get the idea. Be creative and have lots of fun with this one.

1. Rose my favorite flowers
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Rose - BK2013 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

2. Hasselblad on of my favorite cameras
DSC_0015 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

3. Indian Head Cent my favorite US coin.
1898 1C netMS60 recolor stack2 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Remember the normal rules apply. Have FUN!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Oh my! Wonderful examples, Art, and that rose is so beautiful.

It's been awhile since I picked up my camera (I have truly been busy with other matters and was in a slump), but I'm starting to feel a bit of a spark again. I also have the rest of the week off from work, so I'm going to get out and see what I can do for you!

This time of year, I like to spend my camera time with nature’s fresh decorations in my fields and woods. That means wildflowers. I found this group of Spring beauty, yellow violets, and a single purple violet growing together.

Also, today was the first day for the dogwoods to bloom. [If I remember correctly, Art, these were one of Frannie’s favorites.]

This time of year, I like to spend my camera time with nature’s fresh decorations in my fields and woods. That means wildflowers. I found this group of Spring beauty, yellow violets, and a single purple violet growing together.

Also, today was the first day for the dogwoods to bloom. [If I remember correctly, Art, these were one of Frannie’s favorites.]

Nice favorites Bob. I love wildflowers too. Frannie loved dogwoods for sure. Her little dogwood was just loaded with flowers this year. They've all fallen and been replaced with leaves here. Pretty photographs.

Three shots from one of my favourite places hereabouts - Tarn Hows. Trouble is, it's a favourite with many others too so you have to be there early for photography. Happily, I was the only one there this morning, at least for the first hour and a half. I'll have some more from another favourite spot a bit later today.

Tarn Hows 1 by warth man, on Flickr

Tarn Hows 2 by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1452881Tarn Hows 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Attachments

Three shots from one of my favourite places hereabouts - Tarn Hows. Trouble is, it's a favourite with many others too so you have to be there early for photography. Happily, I was the only one there this morning, at least for the first hour and a half. I'll have some more from another favourite spot a bit later today.

View attachment 1452893Tarn Hows 3 by warth man, on Flickr
Very nice images of a place I could really enjoy -- it could be one of my favorites too.

View attachment 1452910Tarn Hows 3 by warth man, on Flickr
That's a beautiful place. I can see why it's a favorite of yours. I'd spend a lot of time there. Terrific shots too.

That's a beautiful place. I can see why it's a favorite of yours. I'd spend a lot of time there. Terrific shots too.
Thanks Art. Here's one from another favourite spot, known by some as "Wordsworth Point" - you can see why. Also one of my favourite flowers, wild daffodils.

Daffodil Days 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Thanks Art. Here's one from another favourite spot, known by some as "Wordsworth Point" - you can see why. Also one of my favourite flowers, wild daffodils.

Daffodil Days 2 by warth man, on Flickr
Love the daffodils and the scene in general. You live in a very pretty place. Nice shot.

Each Spring a collection of red, yellow, white, and (1) pink tulip grow in the tiny garden outside my kitchen window. Each year I try to convince myself that I've covered every possible tulip shot (and sometimes I have) but every year I end up taking more. So for this shoot, tulips immediately came to mind, and on cue they started to bloom. I'm happy to say that this year I did catch a new pose .... the first day (few hours, actually) of one new tulip flexing its baby petals. This should probably be my last tulip shot of 2016 but of course it will probably not be.

Baby Red. Birthday: April 23, 2016. Birth Time: 2:06pm EDT

Will get around tomorrow to see your work. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Many of my favourites have shown up for other themes so it was hard to find something different.

1. Art is a favourite passion and I saw some good and some bad at an arts festival in a local church today. Also in the shot is one of my favourite instruments,
a pipe organ. 35mm f2 Ai

2. One of my favourite experiences is listeming to live music. This guitarist's accompaniment to the art was very pleasant. 50mm f1.2 AiS

Each Spring a collection of red, yellow, white, and (1) pink tulip grow in the tiny garden outside my kitchen window. Each year I try to convince myself that I've covered every possible tulip shot (and sometimes I have) but every year I end up taking more. So for this shoot, tulips immediately came to mind, and on cue they started to bloom. I'm happy to say that this year I did catch a new pose .... the first day (few hours, actually) of one new tulip flexing its baby petals. This should probably be my last tulip shot of 2016 but of course it will probably not be.

Colorful and full of life.....nice capture

Wonderful shot Ed. the Light and shadow is wonderful. Nice choice of B&W for this subject.

Beautiful tulip Harry. I love the shot - framing, color, composition are all super.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom