Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hello my friends.

In this CS everything is turning.
Show me your pictures of wheels...

From vehicles, tooth wheels, transmissions, toys, turbines, water wheels - there's a wide spread.

My examples:

(1) Wheel from an old Rolls Royce
26713208832_03bac12bd5_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(2) Water wheel
26713208852_d4ab70d7a7_h.jpg

(3) Believe it or not - this is the drive train of an ancient Mercedes...
26713208862_860ab9f879_h.jpg

So, go out, take pictures and have fun...

Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Is that Daimler's 1886 converted horse carriage?:)
Hi Bob,
this picture shows a truck built by Daimler in 1896.

By the way: This museum is worth to visit. Photography is permitted.
And the architect must have a heart for photographers. Never seen a better light in a museum!

Regards
Klaus

Hi Bob,
this picture shows a truck built by Daimler in 1896.

By the way: This museum is worth to visit. Photography is permitted.
And the architect must have a heart for photographers. Never seen a better light in a museum!

Regards
Klaus
Thanks, Klaus.
I have a book with pictures of many of the early Daimler-Benz vehicles, but no trucks:(.

Real Name
Paul
Hello my friends.

In this CS everything is turning.
Show me your pictures of wheels...

From vehicles, tooth wheels, transmissions, toys, turbines, water wheels - there's a wide spread.

My examples:

(1) Wheel from an old Rolls Royce
26713208832_03bac12bd5_h.jpg

(2) Water wheel
26713208852_d4ab70d7a7_h.jpg

(3) Believe it or not - this is the drive train of an ancient Mercedes...
26713208862_860ab9f879_h.jpg

So, go out, take pictures and have fun...

Klaus
Interesting theme and very nice examples Klaus!

Great theme Klaus and terrific examples to get us thinking and started. Looks clear for me to play along this week. Can't wait. (A special "Thank you" to you for hosting us - again. Your dedication is appreciated.)

Real Name
Paul
Starting with something easy... I have tons of wheels around the house, besides winter tires, and second sets of wheels for some of our cars, I have racing compound tires that I use on one car for driving schools. This set got its first use at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, for the first of the season Cabin Fever High Performance Driving school. You can see where it has picked up some rubber from the track (jokingly people mention that they go to the track to add rubber to their tires). Keeping these warm in the basement, for the next school...

cs-495-6478.jpg

Starting with something easy... I have tons of wheels around the house, besides winter tires, and second sets of wheels for some of our cars, I have racing compound tires that I use on one car for driving schools. This set got its first use at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, for the first of the season Cabin Fever High Performance Driving school. You can see where it has picked up some rubber from the track (jokingly people mention that they go to the track to add rubber to their tires). Keeping these warm in the basement, for the next school...

cs-495-6478.jpg

Nice Paul. What car do you use them on?

Real Name
Paul
I have a 1995 BMW 325iS. Not a high powered car (compared to newer and M series BMWs), but it is like a go kart. Lots of fun on the road course (High Performance Driving) and even more fun on the skid pad (Advanced Driving Skills).

So whenever I participate in a Collective Shoot, I learn something of use to me. For example this very morning I learned:

1. Wheel gun - I had never used this term to describe a pistol nor had I heard it used until after Breaking Bad was telecast and Walt was advised to purchase a wheel gun for defense vs. a semi-automatic.
26230113263_2e670f3972_c.jpg
DSC_0025 by Art OConnell, on Flickr
I also learned than as I've had this gun stored for a long time without use it needs a good cleaning. Off to the range this week.

2. Garage door pulley wheel. It's rather new and so is not in need of a good cleaning BUT the spiders have certainly been busy up in that part of the garage. I seldom disturb them as they are so helpful in keeping other critters like mosquitoes in check.
26741082492_762568d788_c.jpg
DSC_0006 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

3. And of course a beautiful bicycle wheel. This gets cleaned regularly although I haven't ridden the bike since my arm breaking accident and promising Frannie that I would not ride anymore.
26229310224_0e399999e2_c.jpg
DSC_0011 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Wheels that may not move anywhere, any time soon - and have not moved anywhere for quite some time. This trailer and the tank on it have been in a field near my home for years. I honestly don't know what the tank is for. Could be for some kind of liquid stock feed or perhaps water when the small spring in that field dries up.

26740706662_438945beac_c.jpg
Wheel Decay by warth man, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
So whenever I participate in a Collective Shoot, I learn something of use to me. For example this very morning I learned:

1. Wheel gun - I had never used this term to describe a pistol nor had I heard it used until after Breaking Bad was telecast and Walt was advised to purchase a wheel gun for defense vs. a semi-automatic.
I also learned than as I've had this gun stored for a long time without use it needs a good cleaning. Off to the range this week.

2. Garage door pulley wheel. It's rather new and so is not in need of a good cleaning BUT the spiders have certainly been busy up in that part of the garage. I seldom disturb them as they are so helpful in keeping other critters like mosquitoes in check.

3. And of course a beautiful bicycle wheel. This gets cleaned regularly although I haven't ridden the bike since my arm breaking accident and promising Frannie that I would not ride anymore.
Nice set Art! I think I heard that mention once, about a wheel gun, but it didn't register with me. Good idea about the garage door. Didn't think about that, when i was looking for things around the house.

Real Name
Paul
Wheels that may not move anywhere, any time soon - and have not moved anywhere for quite some time. This trailer and the tank on it have been in a field near my home for years. I honestly don't know what the tank is for. Could be for some kind of liquid stock feed or perhaps water when the small spring in that field dries up.

26740706662_438945beac_c.jpg
Wheel Decay by warth man, on Flickr
I like the "rustic" :) look on the shot. Well done.

Real Name
Paul
OK, most people would not like to see this wheel turn, but for me, I LOVE to see this wheel turn. Why?
cs-495-6479.jpg

Interesting shot wrathman. Something like that would prey on my mind until I found the story. Frannie used to get worried about me cause I'd drive/walk up to places and ask people. Most took it in good spirit and told me their story. Some however did not.

OK, most people would not like to see this wheel turn, but for me, I LOVE to see this wheel turn. Why?
cs-495-6479.jpg
I'm going to guess that it reverses for power you add to the grid. I'd love to have a little solar farm here in Florida.

This old two row planter is packed with things that go around – wheels, tires, chains, gears, gear box, drive shafts, and sweep arms in the seed and fertilizer pots.

DSC_3155sm.jpg

I had never heard of "wheel gun" before Al, so there's something I've learnt too. Neither did I know there were "five-shooters" until I saw your pic. All I have is a "one-shooter" air rifle to help control rabbit numbers. Over here a firearms licence is needed for anything more. Sometimes I think a machine gun wouldn't be enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom