CS #496 - Digging in the dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Klaus, it looks like your wife is really enjoying that track hoe;)
This might be the perfect theme for this week:cool: (if the rain ever stops) -- it's time to plant the flowers and vegetables.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Klaus, it looks like your wife is really enjoying that track hoe;)
This might be the perfect theme for this week:cool: (if the rain ever stops) -- it's time to plant the flowers and vegetables.
Hi Bob,
if you know her you'll realize she has a special sense of orientation...

Driving to a crossing there are five possibilities to go for her:
- straight ahead
- turning to the left
- turning to the right
- turning to the other left - we would call that right
- turning to the other right ... :)

Was the same here. To many directions to go (n) :sneaky: :D

Regards
Klaus

This is a nice theme Klaus and wonderful examples to get us rolling. Your wife must be a good sport.

I thought I might be able to get a selfie with this dirt digger in action, but the ground was too wet and more rain is forecast for this afternoon:(.

DSC_3163sm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
Interesting theme Klaus and nice examples. I love the expression on your wife in the last shot. Looks like she is having fun.

I thought I might be able to get a selfie with this dirt digger in action, but the ground was too wet and more rain is forecast for this afternoon:(.

DSC_3163sm.jpg
Nice shot - too bad the weather didn't cooperate.

Well done Klaus for answering the call again and having some good examples for a subject that doesn't meet with normal photo-expeditions. I feel guilty now...

DSC_3163sm.jpg

You have some nice kit there Bob and well maintained too. Jealous!

DSC_3163sm.jpg

That's a great looking rig Bob. I bet you can dig up some dirt with that baby. Nice shot.

DSC_3163sm.jpg

Nice pic and rig Bob, what is the MF about 65 HP ? What do you grow to pay for those expensive tires ? Just got price for one, now looking for used . :)

Nice pic and rig Bob, what is the MF about 65 HP ? What do you grow to pay for those expensive tires ? Just got price for one, now looking for used . :)
Thanks,Tom. It's a Massy-Ferguson 1085 (Perkins 318 diesel, 82 HP). These days, it gets used mostly for making hay and mowing my CRP fields. The rig is a bit of an overkill for plowing my garden, but you use what you have.;)

Sorry for the gross picture. These dirt diggers were taking a break having an evening meal so technically they weren't digging at the time.

26715313150_16990cf785_b.jpg

Sorry for the gross picture. These dirt diggers were taking a break having an evening meal so technically they weren't digging at the time.

Interesting shot. Great closeup work.

Real Name
Paul

Awesome shot Jin!

Just a quick shot. These critters can sense your presence and clear out in a few seconds once you stay near them too long or get too close. I'll try to find another nest with a macro lens - maybe a 105mm. The ants are very light colored and hard to see against the sandy soil but they're there.
26387333424_abb2569e9d_c.jpg
DSC_0228a by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
Just a quick shot. These critters can sense your presence and clear out in a few seconds once you stay near them too long or get too close. I'll try to find another nest with a macro lens - maybe a 105mm. The ants are very light colored and hard to see against the sandy soil but they're there.
26387333424_abb2569e9d_c.jpg
DSC_0228a by Art OConnell, on Flickr
Patiently waiting for your shot, with you laying on the ground trying to catch them close up... :)

Real Name
Paul
We just got some new (black) bark mulch, so I staged these shots (my wife got some new plants, but she's keeping them potted for now)...

cs-496-6497.jpg

cs-496-6500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom