CS #497 - April Showers Brings May.....???

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Hello All!

Flu ridden Lyndee Loo here with a brand new CS! This week’s Shoot will be a familiar one as I’ve hosted the same subject in years past. As the saying goes, “April Showers Brings May Flowers”. As a result, this week’s CS is on one of my favorite things:

FLOWERS!

The Rules stay the same; that is the CS will start at 12:01am Thursday, May 19, 2016 and end promptly at the bewitching hour of midnight on Wednesday, May 25, 2016.

Soooo…while I try and get rid of this flu bug that seems to have bitten me (and good, too…), get out there and bring me back some flowers!! Here's a little inspiration to get you started:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

See you soon!

Thanks for hosting us this week Lyndee. Sure hope your flu is over quickly - get better. Wonderful theme and great examples to get us moving.

I love flowers and so I'll try extra hard to play along this week. Sometimes flowers are great decorations for the house. Sometimes for the garden. They make great gifts and are always a pleasure to look at. BUT sometimes they're just food.
DSC_0241 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

I don't know the real name for these flowers but they grow on vines that attach themselves to the trees. Many of them are quite high in the trees and hard to see very well. The hummingbirds just love these flowers.

Flowering and in full bloom.
DSC_0233 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Waiting to open -- ants seem to like them too.
DSC_0234 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Hi Lyndee,
You've chosen one of my favorite topics, and you've chosen a week when our local weather forecast is for "mostly clear". [Last week we had "always cold and rainy".] I doubt I'll compete with your fine examples, but I'll get something.

Hey Art, I believe that's "trumpet vine" :)

Here you go Lyndee. Rainy here today and for the past couple of days so, here's some apple blossom in the rain and, because I'm not fond of getting wet, the pic was taken through the glass of a window. Hope you get rid of your 'flu soon.

Apple Blossom by warth man, on Flickr

I don't know the real name for these flowers but they grow on vines that attach themselves to the trees. Many of them are quite high in the trees and hard to see very well. The hummingbirds just love these flowers.

Nice pics Art. We don't see these here much. As it is, late frosts are still happening and that hasn't helped a few things in my garden.

Here you go Lyndee. Rainy here today and for the past couple of days so, here's some apple blossom in the rain and, because I'm not fond of getting wet, the pic was taken through the glass of a window. Hope you get rid of your 'flu soon.

Apple Blossom by warth man, on Flickr
Very pretty and nicely done shooting through a window. I'd probably have to go out and wash the window first. ;)

Hi Lyndee,
You've chosen one of my favorite topics, and you've chosen a week when our local weather forecast is for "mostly clear". [Last week we had "always cold and rainy".] I doubt I'll compete with your fine examples, but I'll get something.

Hey Art, I believe that's "trumpet vine" :)
I think you're right on the "trumpet vine" thing Bob.

A few from the containers on the porch.

Many of our flowering shrubs are simply exploding with blooms this year. This “snowball” Viburnum is currently making lots of noise.:)

My favorite characteristic of this bush is the strong contrast between the coarse texture of its leaves and the fluffy softness of the flowers.

A few from the containers on the porch.

Very pretty. Love the soft focus and colors on these.

Of course, we are now well into the spring wildflower season too. I found this patch of Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum) behind my house.

Many of our flowering shrubs are simply exploding with blooms this year. This “snowball” Viburnum is currently making lots of noise.:)

My favorite characteristic of this bush is the strong contrast between the coarse texture of its leaves and the fluffy softness of the flowers.

Nicely photographed Bob. They are very pretty. I too love the contrast. I like the way you've captured the textures in the close shot.

Of course, we are now well into the spring wildflower season too. I found this patch of Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum) behind my house.

They're so delicate Bob. I don't think that I have any of those in my area.

These flowers grow on a fern that we have in many spots. They are absolutely tiny and I had a hard time getting a decent focus as it's quite windy out this morning and the whole big fern just keeps bouncing around.
DSC_0240 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Mexican petunia. These get pretty tall and grow like crazy. The flowers pop and then all fall off every night. I really like the purple color.
DSC_0236 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I love flowers and so I'll try extra hard to play along this week. Sometimes flowers are great decorations for the house. Sometimes for the garden. They make great gifts and are always a pleasure to look at. BUT sometimes they're just food.
DSC_0241 by Art OConnell, on Flickr
This is beautiful and is a perfect start to this week's CS! What a brilliant shade of yellow. And even those that critter is trying to blend in, I can see him straight away, LOL! Just lovely, Art!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

Someone once told me the name of this flower, but I've long forgotten. I do like them, though, and I like how you've captured it, Art. Nice!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom