CS #503 - FAVORITES

This week we're going to have some of the elements of a free shoot but also want you to choose things that qualify as favorites of yours. Please tell us why you would classify the people, places, things, pets, tools, etc as your favorites. All the usual CS rules apply.

When I walk the dogs in the morning I vary the routes and find the different manhole covers interesting in design and in the dating of the work in that area. Here's one of my favorites from my morning walks.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
0619160715_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Actually we get two favorites in this photo. Roxy is a really sweet little dog. She was Frannie's choice to remain with me should her cancer turn out badly - which it did. The little fellow is Beckham my youngest Rocky's son.
DSC_0518 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Anyway I'm sure you get the idea. Best of luck with it and have FUN.....

Interesting topic, Art...

And wonderful pictures and stories..... :)

I too like to capture manhole covers, of various sizes! If we only knew what lurks below us... :happy:

This week we're going to have some of the elements of a free shoot but also want you to choose things that qualify as favorites of yours. Please tell us why you would classify the people, places, things, pets, tools, etc as your favorites. All the usual CS rules apply.

When I walk the dogs in the morning I vary the routes and find the different manhole covers interesting in design and in the dating of the work in that area. Here's one of my favorites from my morning walks.

Actually we get two favorites in this photo. Roxy is a really sweet little dog. She was Frannie's choice to remain with me should her cancer turn out badly - which it did. The little fellow is Beckham my youngest Rocky's son.

Interesting theme Art, and great example shots!

Wow, it's a hinged cover! Nice topic, hope to join in.

I never would have guessed that others found manhole, aka maintenance hole, covers interesting and actually photographed them. Thanks for the info and the neat link. I've joined the group. And now have to expand to other types of utility and street item covers.
Yes, Art... there are all sizes and ages of these things. I usually use a fisheye
and the challenge is keeping my feet out of the image! :joyful:

But it is fun to find these, especially in older towns...
Happy hunting... (y)

I have acquired several new MF lenses of late. As the summer dryness is upon us
I must hunt about for a subject. I like to shoot the little things, or those things not necessarily noticed...

I received the Nikon 55 f2.8 ais lens today and quickly loaded it on my D7200 in order to get a
bit more distance...and was attempting, handheld, to see how close I could actually get:

I think this one may also have the new 14a TC I acquired just two days ago, mounted to it. :)

Last edited:
I must hunt about for a subject. I like to shoot the little things, or those things not necessarily noticed...

I received the Nikon 55 f2.8 ais lens today and quickly loaded it on my D7200 in order to get a
bit more distance...and was attempting, handheld, to see how close I could actually get:

I think this one may also have the new 14a TC I acquired just two days ago, mounted to it. :)
I like this a lot. I have a 55mm f2.8 AI macro and love using it.

Came out interesting Chayelle. It sure is fun to play with the older MF lenses.

My usual weapon for hummingbirds is my 300 f/4 on a tripod. However, I’ve been so impressed by the maneuverability and overall speed of my 70-200 f/4 VR that I decided to give it a try. So…, here’s my very first hummer shot of the season (the hummer population is way down this year). [Yes, the red is overexposed.:oops:]

My usual weapon for hummingbirds is my 300 f/4 on a tripod. However, I’ve been so impressed by the maneuverability and overall speed of my 70-200 f/4 VR that I decided to give it a try. So…, here’s my very first hummer shot of the season (the hummer population is way down this year). [Yes, the red is overexposed.:oops:]

Terrific shot Bob. That's a beautiful hummer and flower. I like the results you've achieved.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom