CS #508 - Horizons / Skylines

Morning All, and thanks to Lyndee for stepping in again to host another Collective Shoot. She puts us all to shame with her energy! I had a bit of a health issue so wasn't able to do much this last week but I'm getting back into things now. So, my theme for this week will hopefully get us out and about, either around our neighbourhoods or further afield. The aim is to get pics of what you can see on the horizons and skylines around you, wherever you are or wherever you go this week. There is scope for really colourful sunrises and sunsets here as well as stunning cityscapes - not that I have anything like that near me.

Here are a few examples from my flickr pages:

Horizon with foreground, Mangarstadh, Outer Hebrides. You can just make out the vague grey shape of St Kilda towards the right hand side of the horizon - probably only if you view large on flickr.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Outer Hebrides - Mhangarstadh by warth man, on Flickr

Near skyline, Reykjavik shortly after sunrise
Iceland by warth man, on Flickr

Venice skyline
Welcome to Venice by warth man, on Flickr

Skyline from my back garden one unusually red sunrise
Sunrise 16oct2013 by warth man, on Flickr

I'm sure you get the idea - pics of far horizons and skylines near or far. All are possible and we all have them. Usual CS rules apply. Let's see what we can do over the coming week!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
WarthMan - your photos put all of mine to shame! Thank you for hosting this week's CS. I will make every effort to contribute this week. This is fabulous subject!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nipped down to the Furness coast this afternoon. It was blowy! This was taken from the pebbles of Walney Island. Wide horizon. Lots of wind turbines.

Grey Horizon by warth man, on Flickr
Ohhh...that is stunning! And black and white makes the sky even more dramatic! Yes, indeed - that is beautiful!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Morning All, and thanks to Lyndee for stepping in again to host another Collective Shoot. She puts us all to shame with her energy! I had a bit of a health issue so wasn't able to do much this last week but I'm getting back into things now. So, my theme for this week will hopefully get us out and about, either around our neighbourhoods or further afield. The aim is to get pics of what you can see on the horizons and skylines around you, wherever you are or wherever you go this week. There is scope for really colourful sunrises and sunsets here as well as stunning cityscapes - not that I have anything like that near me.

Horizon with foreground, Mangarstadh, Outer Hebrides. You can just make out the vague grey shape of St Kilda towards the right hand side of the horizon - probably only if you view large on flickr.

Venice skyline

I'm sure you get the idea - pics of far horizons and skylines near or far. All are possible and we all have them. Usual CS rules apply. Let's see what we can do over the coming week!
Wonderful topic and great photographs to get us started.

This is the horizon my 94 year old mother lives with at her assisted living facility. Not without some curious interest.

Brookdale by urbanflyer, on Flickr
Pretty sky. Looks like some lighting domes on the roof. Best to your Mom - 94 is quite a respectable age.

Nipped down to the Furness coast this afternoon. It was blowy! This was taken from the pebbles of Walney Island. Wide horizon. Lots of wind turbines.

Nice shot. WOW! That is some bunch of wind turbines out there. Great B&W choice.

Skyline above Askam in Furness. The turbines aren't popular. Askam is a relatively new village, formed mainly during the nineteenth century following the discovery of huge deposits of iron ore. This photograph was taken from a "pier" built using the slag from the mines. It juts out into the Duddon Estuary, hence the barge and other boats, and the area is known for its wildlife, especially sea and wading birds and natterjack toads.

Askam Skyline by warth man, on Flickr

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Skyline above Askam in Furness. The turbines aren't popular. Askam is a relatively new village, formed mainly during the nineteenth century following the discovery of huge deposits of iron ore. This photograph was taken from a "pier" built using the slag from the mines. It juts out into the Duddon Estuary, hence the barge and other boats, and the area is known for its wildlife, especially sea and wading birds and natterjack toads.

Askam Skyline by warth man, on Flickr
Once again, you've captured a dramatic sky! I really like this photo, and Furness seems like a nice place to explore!

It's raining right now, but I will try to get some a nice sky/horizon for you today!

Venice skyline

Interesting theme and great examples warth man! Not sure if I'll get time this week to play - big driving event this weekend that I need to shoot at (and participate), and family visiting from out of state for my mom's upcoming birthday.

Great B&W presentation of a dramatic sky.
This is the horizon my 94 year old mother lives with at her assisted living facility. Not without some curious interest.

Brookdale by urbanflyer, on Flickr
Nice. I've always liked the added light from skylights and looks like there is quite a bit there for your mom.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom