CS #509 - Night scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
Nice set Jay. Great reflections in the first two (I always like reflections off the glass of buildings). I like the shadow play on the third one too.

Nice set Jay. Great reflections in the first two (I always like reflections off the glass of buildings). I like the shadow play on the third one too.
Thanks. Early dawn, when I shot first two, is one of my favorite times of the day to photograph. There is a stillness to the world that I enjoy. The shadow projection on the rear of the cathedral is what made me take the photo. It is almost as if the shadow is holding up the roof. Had it not been for that, I would probably not have taken the photo. I had been wandering around the French Quarter photographing neon signs and was on my way back to the hotel when I got the 3rd.

Hello Jay. Very nice images. Thanks for joining in.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great pictures Jay.
my favorite is the last one.

Thank you for participating
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Right on cue, the perseid meteor shower is at its 2016 peak August 11-12 (potentially 200 meteors per hour). See here for sky maps and details. [I don't expect clear skies, but maybe you'll get lucky.;)]
Fantastic hint Bob.
In the moment (7 a.m.) we have 100% clouds and it's raining... :notworthy:(n):meh:

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
I found this strange bug outside on our deck, early this morning, when taking Charley out for his morning bathroom break and to get the newspaper:

cs-509-4710.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife has these solar charged lights that are placed in pots on the deck and glow all night long.

This is really a great subject,and the photos are great,I don't post often,I hope I will get it right !

Prague street
28316417434_3aec17f46d_c.png
prague-street by renee.vallieres, sur Flickr

Powder Tower
28318988323_102992ddf5_b.png
prague-powder-tower by renee.vallieres, sur Flickr

Renee

Real Name
Paul
This is really a great subject,and the photos are great,I don't post often,I hope I will get it right !

Prague street
prague-street by renee.vallieres, sur Flickr

Powder Tower
28318988323_102992ddf5_b.png
prague-powder-tower by renee.vallieres, sur Flickr

Renee
Nice set and dramatic lighting! That tower is really cool!

Attachments

• 28316417434_3aec17f46d_c.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 72
Sorry to repeat the message but Bob's right. It really is a great subject but we need to get out and take pics this week. That's what Collective Shoot is supposed to be about and it's why I like this forum - I presume that it's designed to get us out and about with our cameras now; to make us think about something we perhaps don't normally do; or just make us think about a different approach to what we've done before. Having said that, we had rotten weather here last night and it isn't clever tonight either, so I have not chipped in so far. But I will.

I found this strange bug outside on our deck, early this morning, when taking Charley out for his morning bathroom break and to get the newspaper:

cs-509-4710.jpg

My wife has these solar charged lights that are placed in pots on the deck and glow all night long.

Great dragonfly. I think I've seen that kind over here too. Nice one Paul.

Sorry to repeat the message but Bob's right. It really is a great subject but we need to get out and take pics this week. That's what Collective Shoot is supposed to be about and it's why I like this forum - I presume that it's designed to get us out and about with our cameras now; to make us think about something we perhaps don't normally do; or just make us think about a different approach to what we've done before. Having said that, we had rotten weather here last night and it isn't clever tonight either, so I have not chipped in so far. But I will.
Thank you, Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom