CS #510 - Landscapes

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Morning everyone and welcome to another Collective Shoot! :D

This week I would like you to take photos of Landscapes - one of the things that drew me to photography in the first place. Landscapes come in many forms and interpretations, so I am very eager to see what you come up with.

As usual, the CS rules are in effect, which means photos submitted (with the exception of this post only) must be taken during the time frame for this shoot; or, in other words, from right now until 11:59 on Wednesday, August 24, 2016.

I can't wait to see what you bring back! In the meantime, here are some images to get you started...

Water Landscapes
(Horseshoe Bay, British Columbia)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Garden Landscapes
(Botanical Gardens, St. Louis, Missouri)

Urban Landscapes
(La Boca District, Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Countryside Landscapes
(Woolacombe, England)

Frozen Landscapes
(Deception Island, Antarctica)

Alright now...off you go! :)

Just thinking... it would be nice, in the coming week, to visit all those places you have pictured so beautifully above Lyndee and to send back more images from each spot. Please send air fare asap!

Great theme, Lyndee, and wonderful examples you have posted. It will be hard to live up to the standard you have set, but we'll try!
(Of course, we don't have the luxury of searching through our past files as you, the host, does:).)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Just thinking... it would be nice, in the coming week, to visit all those places you have pictured so beautifully above Lyndee and to send back more images from each spot. Please send air fare asap!
I shall break open the piggybank and send the funds immediately! :D

And thank you so much for your kind words; I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Interesting theme Lyndee and great examples! I'm hoping I can squeak in some time to shoot this week, rather than living vicariously through others. :)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Great theme, Lyndee, and wonderful examples you have posted. It will be hard to live up to the standard you have set, but we'll try!
(Of course, we don't have the luxury of searching through our past files as you, the host, does:).)
Jim, I have no doubt that your submissions will far surpass mine and I always look forward to seeing your images!

And I have to say, the exception to the rule for our hosts when posting examples certainly helped me today, as I completely forgot that I was hosting this week. I remembered while I was getting dressed for work this morning! :confused:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Interesting theme Lyndee and great examples! I'm hoping I can squeak in some time to shoot this week, rather than living vicariously through others. :)
Hey there, Paul - it's nice to see you again and thank you so much! I hope that you're able to find time to join us this week!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wow Lyndee, such a great start out set.
Thinking cap ''ON"

edit: "Antartica"...you've been to Antartica and didn't invite me?:jawdrop: I am sooo jealous!:cry:
Yep, yep...I went this past December and what a trip! You can read all about it here and here...! :)

And your thinking cap is on? That means I'm in for a treat! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week when the theme was night shots we had beautiful blue skies with puffy clouds...perfect for landscapes. But this week when the theme is landscapes, we have nothing but grey skies and occasional showers. :(

Here are a couple from my Shooting Sports Club in Sloughouse, CA
It encompasses over 50 acres of private land.

1000 Yard Rifle

Main buildings showing deliberate burn to grassland to prevent wildfires from spreading.
Unfortunately, an all to common sight in CA this year.

And for Lyndee, we don't shoot anything which is alive. All of our birds and pigs and rams are either made of paper or steel.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Last week when the theme was night shots we had beautiful blue skies with puffy clouds...perfect for landscapes. But this week when the theme is landscapes, we have nothing but grey skies and occasional showers. :(
Murphy's Law, Jim, LOL! :D

No worries; I know you'll find me something this week!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

1000 Yard Rifle

Main buildings showing deliberate burn to grassland to prevent wildfires from spreading.

And for Lyndee, we don't shoot anything which is alive. All of our birds and pigs and rams are either made of paper or steel.
I was wondering about the dark ground. Thanks for the explanation, and I love both of these. The contrasts in color is fantastic! Well done, Ed!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Well, lads and ladies...

Don't do what I did today. I went to work, had all my gear and was going to do some shooting this afternoon. Went to the park, got out my camera, and scouted out a fine landscape only to discover....?

No SD card. :banghead:

So, I packed up my gear, got in the car, left my very fine parking place, drove out of the park and promptly got stuck in traffic all the way home.

Sigh...

Yeah... :grumpy:

We had heavily overcast skies early today, but it started to clear out around noontime. There was still a bit of haze when I attempted this panoramic – I’ll have to try again tomorrow. [The buildings towards the upper right are a little over a mile away.]

1000 Yard Rifle

Me -> drooling over the nice facility (and nice shots by the way :) ).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom