CS #513 - Walk with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to another fun CS and another chance to share things about you and your favorites places, things, and people. The theme "Walk with me" is intended to produce images of taken on your daily/weekly walks. Have lots of fun with it and show us what you see. All CS rules apply.

Holly Hammock: One of my favorite places for a nice fall/winter afternoon walk.
8615670051_76a38fb8e6_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Holly Hammock Trail - AQ2013 1.jpg by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Downtown Square: Always a nice area of a walk on a pleasant day.
19375315643_0d183b6fc2_c.jpg
Downtown - BL2013 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Wild places: I love to walk in places that are loaded with wild animals. They're so very beautiful and exciting.
24128744493_716512a324_c.jpg
DSC_0129 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
Interesting theme And great examples Art! I'm hoping I can get away from my home to take some shots this week (bunches of projects around the house).

Welcome to another fun CS and another chance to share things about you and your favorites places, things, and people. The theme "Walk with me" is intended to produce images of taken on your daily/weekly walks. Have lots of fun with it and show us what you see. All CS rules apply.

Holly Hammock: One of my favorite places for a nice fall/winter afternoon walk.
8615670051_76a38fb8e6_c.jpg
Holly Hammock Trail - AQ2013 1.jpg by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Downtown Square: Always a nice area of a walk on a pleasant day.
19375315643_0d183b6fc2_c.jpg
Downtown - BL2013 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Wild places: I love to walk in places that are loaded with wild animals. They're so very beautiful and exciting.
24128744493_716512a324_c.jpg
DSC_0129 by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Wow, that first image is a show stopper...NICE!

Sun starting to rise this morning. I usually start with the dogs before first light, especially when it's really hot out.
29531015346_aef69a4dbf_c.jpg
0909160721_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr

This garden post is one of my morning walk stop spots. The big dish on the top is full of birdseed and most of the hangings are old and well rusted. I like it but it won't last too much longer. Most of the wood on the bottom is ant eaten and rotted.
29451310162_34bb088ed5_c.jpg
0909160716_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
Sun starting to rise this morning. I usually start with the dogs before first light, especially when it's really hot out.
29531015346_aef69a4dbf_c.jpg
0909160721_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr

This garden post is one of my morning walk stop spots. The big dish on the top is full of birdseed and most of the hangings are old and well rusted. I like it but it won't last too much longer. Most of the wood on the bottom is ant eaten and rotted.
29451310162_34bb088ed5_c.jpg
0909160716_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr
Both very well done Art, and the story gives a good idea of your morning walks. Nice!

Lately, I’ve not been able to pursue my normal daily camera walks, but I do try to at least walk around the yard. I’ve also been tardy in keeping my fields mowed, but maybe that’s not so bad. It did result in this colorful display of knapweed (purple) and an unidentified yellow member of the Asteraceae family in the field behind my house. [Maybe I should consider leaving that area unmowed again next year.:D]

DSC_3364sm.jpg

In Oz the horse race The Melbourne Cup run in November is the most prestigious of the year and the trophy travels around the country before the race. The local paper had a photo shoot with the cup which was taken yesterday, I took a few shots from the surf club whilst having a coffee and wasn't going to post these until I saw the topic. The photographers shot from Burleigh Beach was in today's paper.

This is how you pose

29574129175_365c4bcd4b_b.jpg

You don't look wet

28950742303_d14d777831_b.jpg

Chinese love taking shots of Aussies.

29540048236_396a8800f8_b.jpg

Cheers

Real Name
Paul
Lately, I’ve not been able to pursue my normal daily camera walks, but I do try to at least walk around the yard. I’ve also been tardy in keeping my fields mowed, but maybe that’s not so bad. It did result in this colorful display of knapweed (purple) and an unidentified yellow member of the Asteraceae family in the field behind my house. [Maybe I should consider leaving that area unmowed again next year.:D]

DSC_3364sm.jpg
I'll vote for that. The less chores the better. :) nice color combinations with the flowers.

Real Name
Paul
In Oz the horse race The Melbourne Cup run in November is the most prestigious of the year and the trophy travels around the country before the race. The local paper had a photo shoot with the cup which was taken yesterday, I took a few shots from the surf club whilst having a coffee and wasn't going to post these until I saw the topic. The photographers shot from Burleigh Beach was in today's paper.

This is how you pose

You don't look wet

Cheers
Nice set! Interesting to hear about the goings on, on the other side of the world.

DSC_3364sm.jpg
Wow! That is really pretty. I love the mix of colors. Hope you're feeling better. Take good care of yourself.

This is how you pose

You don't look wet

Cheers
Nice series. Love the surfing shots.

Real Name
Paul
The Saturday routine, after having breakfast, is for me to take Charley and my mom for a walk around the neighborhood. For starters though, I take Charley on a short diversion, down the back yard to our (black) compost container to get rid of the accumulated vegetable and fruit scraps:

cs-513-4760.jpg

It's rural, and the development we are in has a cul-de-sac on each end of a L-shaped road, fed by a small road off a main road. Paused for a second, to shoot a picture of Charley "walking with me" (more accurately, ahead of me, as he is always very excited about his weekly walk):

cs-513-4762.jpg

Here's most of what we need for a walk... leash, harness, a bag of plastic bags for, well, you know what, a towel to wipe Charley off if it is rainy/drizzly, and a hat and sweater for my mom:
cs-513-4764.jpg

DSC_3364sm.jpg

Beautiful colors, Bob. Beth identifies those yellow flowers as just another DYF. (Can you guess?)

The Saturday routine, after having breakfast, is for me to take Charley and my mom for a walk around the neighborhood. For starters though, I take Charley on a short diversion, down the back yard to our (black) compost container to get rid of the accumulated vegetable and fruit scraps:

cs-513-4760.jpg

It's rural, and the development we are in has a cul-de-sac on each end of a L-shaped road, fed by a small road off a main road. Paused for a second, to shoot a picture of Charley "walking with me" (more accurately, ahead of me, as he is always very excited about his weekly walk):

cs-513-4762.jpg

Here's most of what we need for a walk... leash, harness, a bag of plastic bags for, well, you know what, a towel to wipe Charley off if it is rainy/drizzly, and a hat and sweater for my mom:
cs-513-4764.jpg

Nicely done Paul. My two little dogs drag me like crazy when we walk. I always had big dogs as a kid and they were all nicely leash and command trained. Guess I'm not that good of a doggie daddy. I can only image how it would be if Charlie were ill behaved.

One place I like to walk is Winnipeg's "Exchange District" which is an old area of downtown. Unlike in most cities in North America, there are still many 100+-year-old buildings which used to house warehouses and businesses. Instead of their being torn down they are being refurbished inside for offices and condos.
Larry

1. One of the great things we have in this area is painted ghost signs for long-vanished businesses. This is a relatively young one, only about 50 years old.
A-0KggsyjU37yN6wx9KmH_doloNfNGGbrks0WYVMeRn56rFUe9G7rtZ7oquq5qG5HmRuDBtz_8VJ4LPB8C=w1000-h667-no.jpg

2. In an open square in the middle of all these old buildings is "The Cube" a monstrosity of a stage which stressed form over function and won an architectural
award. The walls are made of giant aluminum chain mail. There are lots of good free performances here, esp. during our jazz festival.
cRjVqah7ckKZiSPZFPkOUuCCusjtvrPYClpMnzVik-HPUqmGplbT1Q9OUi1YRm6AH2NiV8wHjwkCEMOmM2=w1000-h875-no.jpg

3. Across the street from the Cube is one of my favourite pubs, the King's Head. They have friendly staff, a good choice of beer on tap and plenty of good pub food.
-_jVdbPd4JO6hyLtFMnMIhk-fcBnrjU8ik63qMFxd9eGTk_p2qNC6qLaNy2VE59v-UlaBFE3avLj12O23S=w667-h1000-no.jpg

One place I like to walk is Winnipeg's "Exchange District" which is an old area of downtown. Unlike in most cities in North America, there are still many 100+-year-old buildings which used to house warehouses and businesses. Instead of their being torn down they are being refurbished inside for offices and condos.
Larry

1. One of the great things we have in this area is painted ghost signs for long-vanished businesses. This is a relatively young one, only about 50 years old.
A-0KggsyjU37yN6wx9KmH_doloNfNGGbrks0WYVMeRn56rFUe9G7rtZ7oquq5qG5HmRuDBtz_8VJ4LPB8C=w1000-h667-no.jpg

2. In an open square in the middle of all these old buildings is "The Cube" a monstrosity of a stage which stressed form over function and won an architectural
award. The walls are made of giant aluminum chain mail. There are lots of good free performances here, esp. during our jazz festival.
cRjVqah7ckKZiSPZFPkOUuCCusjtvrPYClpMnzVik-HPUqmGplbT1Q9OUi1YRm6AH2NiV8wHjwkCEMOmM2=w1000-h875-no.jpg

3. Across the street from the Cube is one of my favourite pubs, the King's Head. They have friendly staff, a good choice of beer on tap and plenty of good pub food.
-_jVdbPd4JO6hyLtFMnMIhk-fcBnrjU8ik63qMFxd9eGTk_p2qNC6qLaNy2VE59v-UlaBFE3avLj12O23S=w667-h1000-no.jpg
Nice series Larry. It looks like a great place for a walk.

The Exchange District Part 2

1. Tha back alleys are chock-a-block with disused and crumbling loading docks which have lots of character.
mUTe_0FtqZCqoPIQXVBsFJirUYq1Y82mWB9noQyY4Grz_2iOMFFV9n6XjnCECPm-h5ccqvV7zlv95oVB6o=w1000-h667-no.jpg

2. Murals are on many buildings in Winnipeg. We'll lose this one when the now condemned parking garage it's on is torn down.
ZC8-M2AhyjrWs_Yg4Zb_CC9X1sXOed4zpmE6TcZIz6vPssfaXtLtgkON7iWxEpBEnP7vxVrxo-n3-com7H=w1000-h667-no.jpg

3. Steel fire escapes are one of my favourite features of these old buildings.
60ncME3vsVrtOHvJAWl9sE5vfaqr33kJdiq5ZYnAXSlovOcgm8ETguNpsTObYlWX1tZGAD_g-P5iqDUtlj=w667-h1000-no.jpg

Larry

Larry, the more of your images and descriptions of Winnipeg that I see, the more I think I'd enjoy visiting your city. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom