CS #516 - One Day: One Shot

Hello. Sorry to get this CS going so late but I'm not able to get to my computer much these days. I won't be here much this week to post but I'll try to visit and comment as much as I can. I can usually comment from my cellphone but haven't been able to get the capability to post pictures here working.

So - here's the deal. Post one picture each day. You can choose the subject and the equipment. Give us a detailed explanation or let the picture speak for itself. You're in charge. Regular rules apply.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
0921161159a_HDR by Art OConnell, on Flickr

That's Beckham. My great-grandson. I watch him everyday and that's one the the things that keeps me off my computer. He requires lots of attention.

With roughly 2 inches of rain in the past two days, I wasn’t able to venture very far today. I did step out onto our side porch during this afternoon’s downpour however, and I spotted this solitary ray of hope – a volunteer zinnia blooming amidst an unkempt patch of weeds.

With roughly 2 inches of rain in the past two days, I wasn’t able to venture very far today. I did step out onto our side porch during this afternoon’s downpour however, and I spotted this solitary ray of hope – a volunteer zinnia blooming amidst an unkempt patch of weeds.

Nice flower Bob and certainly a sign that better weather is just a bit away.

A welcomed, dreary rainy day highlighting the early colors on drought stressed trees.

Wow, everyone is getting rain. I measured 7.2 inches here since Monday.

I just found this thread, so here is my picture for yesterday. That's Mrs. T. exploring The Channels Natural Area where we took our hiking group yesterday.

A welcomed, dreary rainy day highlighting the early colors on drought stressed trees.
Great colors David.

I just found this thread, so here is my picture for yesterday. That's Mrs. T. exploring The Channels Natural Area where we took our hiking group yesterday.

Wonderful image. It's a terrifically beautiful place.

Just caught up with this. My broadband has been down for a couple of days and is still very slow. Here is a shot taken a short while ago when I was out with the dogs. The sliver of sea is a glimpse of Morecambe Bay.

Silver Linings, Silver Sea by warth man, on Flickr
That's beautiful. B&W really works for this shot.

Dave, I'd gladly share some of our rain, but I do like this colorful preview of autumn.

Jim, I repeat -- "I'd love to be able to join your Thursday walking party." So many interesting sites!!

Just caught up with this. My broadband has been down for a couple of days and is still very slow. Here is a shot taken a short while ago when I was out with the dogs. The sliver of sea is a glimpse of Morecambe Bay.

Silver Linings, Silver Sea by warth man, on Flickr
Ron, I love the clouds in the shot -- hope you and the dog didn't get too wet;)

And the beat (of chilly rain) goes on.

Our butterfly bushes are all dressed up, but nobody else is coming to the party today. [A large low pressure system has been parked all week over eastern Indiana.]

Pagoda Dogwood in the rain.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom