CS #517 - Life in Fall

Spring is a time of "new life"
Summer is a time of "maturing"
Fall is a time of "dying" of plant life
Winter is a time of "death" of plant life around us...

This may not be worded just right, but the idea is to witness, observe and highlight
the Life of the Fall season. Looking for the beauties around us!

I am jumping in here with this Collective Shoot. Now I fully expect y'all to help out!!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Let us be rejuvenated as we look for those wonderful special signs of beauty and the glories of life!!!

All the rules of the Collective Shoot apply...

Have fun...
I am off to find something to post...... :joyful:

Last edited:
Bad hair day??:D

I’m not used to seeing dahlias bloom at this time of year, but we have several “dinner-plate” dahlias that are continuing to produce new flowers. One of these is unique (for me) because of the flower morphology. This bloom is only about 4 inches in diameter, but it’s a good example of form and colors for those in less accessible parts of the flower bed.

Two focus stacks from this afternoon. The first is Cotoneaster berries growing over a stone wall and the second is looking up through
the canopy of a tree that is losing leaves.

Two focus stacks from this afternoon. The first is Cotoneaster berries growing over a stone wall and the second is looking up through

Wow, Dave... these are great! Love the colors! The berries, wonderful, and the tree canopy...
Well done! :)

Perfect fits for the theme Dave and great colour in both.

Well done Cheryle and it's a nice idea. I've had a few things going on so have been a bit quiet but I'll be getting out to try to find something for your theme.
Thank you, warth man... it will be so good to have you join us! I have always enjoyed your photography! :)

Life in California

Is just Ducky!

sorry for edit: is my image too large? Picasa has changed their setup

Autumn may be a time for color, but it is also prime time for other things happening outdoors. One of my neighbors loves watching wildlife, and he has set out numerous feeding stations, blinds, and trail cams on our two farms. This week, he put out his fanciest (so far) “blind” on the edge between my back woods and one of my hay fields. Yep, shingle roof, front porch, metal siding, three good size windows, lockable door, carpeted floor, and a plush swivel/tilt office chair inside. Call me when it’s time for dinner.;)

Yesterday, after waiting an hour to get some sunrise shots of the fall foliage across the lake I had to settle for this:

Yesterday, after waiting an hour to get some sunrise shots of the fall foliage across the lake I had to settle for this:

Ahh that morning mist looks nice and cool. We are having a bit of warm weather again (upper 80's).
I like that tree.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom