CS #520 - One Subject: Three Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon/evening everyone. Getting this theme up a little early because I'll be busy later. The aim of the theme is to encourage us to look at things in different ways and to produce three separate shots of the same principal subject. So you could consider using three different lenses; three different focal lengths; three different angles; three different times; whatever. Sounds easy enough and at least you won't have to travel far from the first shot! That said, it took me longer than I expected to cook up these two examples but it was a good exercise.

The first set is of a sculpture on the seafront at nearby Morecambe. Locals seem to either love it or loathe it. Personally, I like it, even if I can't grasp the artist's title of "Love, the most beautiful of absolute disasters." It is know locally as "Venus and Cupid" or "Mother and Child." For me, it's a mother sitting in shallow water teaching her child to swim. I was always a simple soul.

29944530173_2a4c85f164_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Morecambe Sculpture 1 by warth man, on Flickr

30542070796_eeedafc2e0_b.jpg
Morecambe Sculpture 2 by warth man, on Flickr

30542166786_316d1c4d41_b.jpg
Morecambe Sculpture 3 by warth man, on Flickr

The second subject is something which used to be an everyday item. For youngsters like Lyndee I should just explain that this is a pen, an old communication tool. It was used to write letters that were sent through the post in the days before junk mail. It was not powered by electricity but you did have to recharge it with ink, rather like changing a cartridge in your printers today. It was nice to use and people used to like to receive letters.

30490315581_5e32e55ba4_b.jpg
Pen by warth man, on Flickr

29946541604_e4a4cfdeb2_b.jpg
Pen - In Action by warth man, on Flickr

30461443102_cacc13f2d4_b.jpg
Pen - The Point of It by warth man, on Flickr

So there we are! Choose a subject...any subject...and take three different shots of it. I'm sure that those of you who are especially skilled at flower pics will be able to chip in with some stunners. Usual rules apply and all pics are to be taken over the coming week. As always - have fun!

Neat idea, and I am looking forward to contributing this week.

As to the second subject, old-timers like me remember them fondly, but I can't wield one like I used to...hands too stiff and accustomed to typing everything.

We still have stationery suppliers and shops over here Bob but, as an alternative, I'm pretty sure that Parker Pen USA will be able to help you with Quink in both cartridges and bottles. I use the latter.

Neat idea, and I am looking forward to contributing this week.

As to the second subject, old-timers like me remember them fondly, but I can't wield one like I used to...hands too stiff and accustomed to typing everything.

Happily I kept my hand in Jim, otherwise I suspect I'd be in the same boat. As it is, I have to take a bit more care than I used to. I find it worth persevering because people do still like to receive letters and notes through the post.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
This is a great theme, and I love that you think I'm a youngster (you are my friend for life!:D)

Your examples are top notch, and I truly would write letters if I could. My handwriting, however, has gotten so bad over the years that it is practically illegible. In the meantime, I will see what I can come up with...!

This is a great theme, and I love that you think I'm a youngster (you are my friend for life!:D)

Your examples are top notch, and I truly would write letters if I could. My handwriting, however, has gotten so bad over the years that it is practically illegible. In the meantime, I will see what I can come up with...!

In that case you have probably qualified as a doctor. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Lyndee!

Dandy set. I find identification of mushrooms very frustrating, but I do love to hunt and photograph them.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You are right on time with these images, and they are fantastic. They fit the theme perfectly - well done!

These are marvelous, urbanflyer... well done! :)

You are right on time with these images, and they are fantastic. They fit the theme perfectly - well done!

thanks! I have little time to shoot so was glad to be able to participate in this challenge!
These are marvelous, urbanflyer... well done! :)

thanks! Fun to be able to contribute! Thanks to warth man for the theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom