CS #522 - Out and About

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
"Back so soon?", you say...?? :eek:

Why, yes, as I am hosting our next Collective Shoot! :D

This time, rather than introducing a technical theme, I'd like to focus on what you may see on a daily basis while you're out and about. In other words, I'd like for you to shoot street scenes and those scenes can be anywhere - in your neighborhood, in town...wherever you like! Here are a couple of examples:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This CS officially begins at 12:00 am, November 9th, but I'm posting early because it's almost my bedtime... :sleep:

The Rules remain in place, as I'm sure you know, and with that - Happy Shooting!! :)

Interesting theme Lyndee. I think I've recovered from the Octoberfest shoot :) and work hasn't been as hectic, so I'm hoping to get out and shoot this CS.

Nice set of examples. I like the postcard effect on the second one, and the lookback on the last one. Well done!

O.K. I'll break the ice, so to speak.

Our Thursday morning hiking group enjoying the view from Salt Pond Mountain:

This is my neighbourhood - and some of the neighbours. A few years ago some "developers" from elsewhere in the UK wanted to plonk five x 400-foot wind turbines into these near fields. Their London lawyer said the landscape was "of no particular value." Well, to those of us who live here it was. Thankfully, the bid was turned down. Pic taken during today's dog walk. Snow back on the tops as of this week.

View from Warth Hill by warth man, on Flickr

I'm waiting for a dental appointment - getting the royal treatment for a broken tooth, so out and about was the back yard. All shot with D810 and Zeiss 100/2 at ISO 64

Hanging with Ivy by Ted, on Flickr

You saw- by Ted, on Flickr

Red Handle by Ted, on Flickr

This is my neighbourhood - and some of the neighbours. A few years ago some "developers" from elsewhere in the UK wanted to plonk five x 400-foot wind turbines into these near fields. Their London lawyer said the landscape was "of no particular value." Well, to those of us who live here it was. Thankfully, the bid was turned down. Pic taken during today's dog walk. Snow back on the tops as of this week.

Beautiful scene. Good luck keeping those wind turbines away.

Beautiful scenery, well captured. Glad it wasn't developed.

I'm waiting for a dental appointment - getting the royal treatment for a broken tooth, so out and about was the back yard. All shot with D810 and Zeiss 100/2 at ISO 64

Hanging with Ivy by Ted, on Flickr

You saw- by Ted, on Flickr

Red Handle by Ted, on Flickr
Nice set Ted! The first one is my favorite.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
O.K. I'll break the ice, so to speak.

Our Thursday morning hiking group enjoying the view from Salt Pond Mountain:

That view must have been glorious and the photo is wonderful, Jim!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

This is a very peaceful, pastoral scene, WarthMan. When I visited Woolacombe and the surrounding towns, I was struck by the beauty similar to what you've shown here. This is gorgeous...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom