CS #524 - Everything golden

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Welcome to the new CS my friends.

The theme this week will be "Everything golden".
Give your fantasy a chance...

Perhaps there is a decoration or jewelery or anniversary or something else in your neighborhood.

Examples will follow in the evening.

Regards
Klaus

The first thing that came to mind was my wedding ring. It is white gold. I need to learn how to do close up shots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An old gold colored coin bank:

The first thing that came to mind was my wedding ring. It is white gold. I need to learn how to do close up shots.

Both nice shots, Dave! I was thinking the same thing with the ring. I've never seen a coin bank like that - cool.

Here are our 34 year old rings...

The diamond, in my wife's ring, is my Mother's wedding ring diamond. Many years ago, my dad got here a new ring, and she gave her old ring to me as a present, of which I had it mounted into a new ring for my wife and gave it to her as a surprise for Christmas, when we got engaged.

Nice shot - I like the engraving. Are you certain it was made to store coins? I could also see it storing something that required air circulation, such as garlic or shallots.

Congrats on your long marriage too.

Nice shot - I like the engraving. Are you certain it was made to store coins? I could also see it storing something that required air circulation, such as garlic or shallots.

Congrats on your long marriage too.
Thank you Ted. There is a slot on the top for coins although it could be used for anything. I was the last of my group of friends to get married. The others have all celebrated their 50th.

The diamond, in my wife's ring, is my Mother's wedding ring diamond. Many years ago, my dad got here a new ring, and she gave her old ring to me as a present, of which I had it mounted into a new ring for my wife and gave it to her as a surprise for Christmas, when we got engaged.
Nice shot Paul. I think I can remember having wrinkle free hands at one time:).

Heartwarming pic.

Awe, how sweet. You also look undamaged in your youth!

I have not had much time for reviewing the contributions this week, but had a couple of minutes for this shot this afternoon.

I know I’ve shown this old (c.a. 1875) gold pocket watch here before, but this time, I thought I’d try to show the case.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus

Hi Dave,
it's a wonderful wedding ring.
Imagine, I was 9 years old when you married and you was 40 years married, when I did...
Must be a magnificent girl you've choosen.

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom