CS #528 - Jingle Bells

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great theme. Thanks for sharing your home decorations.

That is a huge amount of lights. Look very time consuming to complete.

Interesting theme Klaus and great examples!

I attempted to take a photo of the lights in this display but there were so many lights that moved or turned off and on that my photo doesn't show a lot of features.
It is a huge display that even has a radio signal so people can sit in their cars and listen to Christmas music as they watch the show. I had to shoot at 16mm to capture
the width of the display but it doesn't show the depth. I'm glad it isn't in my neighborhood:).
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I attempted to take a photo of the lights in this display but there were so many lights that moved or turned off and on that my photo doesn't show a lot of features.
It is a huge display that even has a radio signal so people can sit in their cars and listen to Christmas music as they watch the show. I had to shoot at 16mm to capture
the width of the display but it doesn't show the depth. I'm glad it isn't in my neighborhood:).
My goodness -- that is huge!
Is that normal for that neighborhood, Dave? [I thought we have more extensive displays around here this year, but I've not seen anything this complex.]

My goodness -- that is huge!
Is that normal for that neighborhood, Dave? [I thought we have more extensive displays around here this year, but I've not seen anything this complex.]
Bob, that is the largest display in that neighborhood. The family has been showing and adding to the display for years. It is located at a fairly busy intersection and the town now
requires the family to provide a police officer on weekends to control the traffic. There were probably a dozen cars parked on the side of the road tonight with several
small children standing and watching the show . I think the radio feature was added because of noise complaints.

Wow! Large indeed. Nice capture of the scene.

Nice shoot. Looks like a really interesting church. Must be beautiful inside.
It is a nice church but sadly isn't used every week now. Instead, a "travelling vicar" moves around a series of churches, taking services at them in turn. I'll get some interior shots for you at some stage Paul. A pair of kestrels or sparrow hawks (couldn't tell in the murk) roost on the other side of the tower and they gave me a noisy reception this morning once it became light enough for them to be up and about.

Merry Christmas to all from Bob and Vera.

I try to photograph our Christmas trees every year, but I’ve never been completely happy with the results. Here is one of this year’s attempts as done using a flash.

Real Name
Ross
For Christmas every year our family heads out to spend time with both sets of grandparents, in Charleston WV and Blacksburg VA respectively. We are currently spending a few days in Charleston for early Christmas and will head to Blacksburg tomorrow. This morning was the only break in the heavy cloud cover we've had and I've been wanting to go try a new time lapse technique where the exposure is set manually throughout the lapse to avoid flicker. I set up at the WV Capitol at sunrise for the sequence as well as a few close ups of their dome with a second body and 55-200. If you want to see the time lapse or other shots I isolated from it they are here https://rossthomas.smugmug.com/Travel/Charleston-Christmas-2016/i-cffpwXH but I'm not sure if the time lapse video is working. Please let me know what you think.

For Christmas every year our family heads out to spend time with both sets of grandparents, in Charleston WV and Blacksburg VA respectively. We are currently spending a few days in Charleston for early Christmas and will head to Blacksburg tomorrow. This morning was the only break in the heavy cloud cover we've had and I've been wanting to go try a new time lapse technique where the exposure is set manually throughout the lapse to avoid flicker. I set up at the WV Capitol at sunrise for the sequence as well as a few close ups of their dome with a second body and 55-200. If you want to see the time lapse or other shots I isolated from it they are here https://rossthomas.smugmug.com/Travel/Charleston-Christmas-2016/i-cffpwXH but I'm not sure if the time lapse video is working. Please let me know what you think.

Ross, those are really nice images. The time lapse video is working fine and it is very interesting
to watch the motion all around the building. I enjoyed watching it.

++

I try to photograph our Christmas trees every year, but I’ve never been completely happy with the results. Here is one of this year’s attempts as done using a flash.

Okay Bob, I just have to ask.....is that a Lazy Boy Chair hanging on your tree? I imagine
there is an interesting story behind that ornament. :)

Nice Bob! Must be difficult shooting with a white tree.

Very nice set. I like the first one with the dramatic sky, and the close up on the third shot. A very beautiful capital. The video didn't seem to work for me, on my iPad.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom