CS# 529 - Kicking in the New Year

Welcome to the final CS for 2016! The theme for this week (running until midnight, Wednesday, January 4th), is all about New Year's (before, during, and after).

Unleash your creativity to express your take on the New Year's event. It'll be an open format (as this is a busy time of the year for some folks). Here are some ideas for you to consider, to get your creative juices flowing (or thawing, depending on where you live :)) :
  • Any traditions you do for this time of year?
  • Do you stay up on New Year's Eve?
  • How do you celebrate the new year? Big party with family and/or friends? Curl up alone on the couch and watch TV? Go to bed early?
  • Any special meals/food for this time of year?
  • What about New Year's Day? Sleep? Watch football? Watch parades?
  • Do you make New Year's resolutions? If so, what are your resolutions this year?
  • Are there any New Year's decorating? Any un-decorating done?
  • Is there some seasonal thing you do every year, before and/or after the new year?
  • New gear for Christmas and you haven't tried it yet? Use this Collective Shoot to give it a whirl.

Relax, have fun, and remember fresh batteries so you can share the New Year's with everyone...

I don't have any samples from previous years - never thought of shooting much at New Year's, so I've got some pictures to take this year...

Normal rules apply: take the shots during the time-frame of the CS, post as often as you want, but no more than three photos at a time, G rated, try not to post too many huge shots (1280 pixels on the long edge is a good guideline), and most importantly, have fun!

Yeah, it's that time... I'm thinking as a "tradition" I could include running the last CS theme of the year, as I did this last year... now just how to express that with pictures... :)

So, maybe it’s not the usual time of year for “wildflowers”, but I’d like to say goodbye to 2016 and trust that 2017 is better.

Goodbye, yesterday!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Welcome today and tomorrow!

So, maybe it’s not the usual time of year for “wildflowers”, but I’d like to say goodbye to 2016 and trust that 2017 is better.

Goodbye, yesterday!

Welcome today and tomorrow!

Very nice shots Bob. I'm just surprised you could even find flowers this time of year. It's pretty brown/white today (and will be really white by the end of the day with 12-15" predicted in some parts).

One "tradition" we have is taking down the Christmas decorations, before New Year's Day. My mom and wife, started that today, since we'll likely be "snow bound". Removing the tree decorations...

All the stockings and decorations are being collected and prepared for storage:

One "tradition" we have is taking down the Christmas decorations, before New Year's Day. My mom and wife, started that today, since we'll likely be "snow bound". Removing the tree decorations...

All the stockings and decorations are being collected and prepared for storage:
We're obviously not synchronized -- my sons and their families usually spend Xmas with in-laws, so we celebrate Xmas on January 1:) [but you set a good example for the cleanup process that must follow]

I realize that ipads, smart phones, laptops and desktops have calendars but I prefer to have a calendar hanging on a wall or the back of a door.
I look forward each year to hanging a new calendar even if its only a free calendar from the local newspaper like this calendar.

I realize that ipads, smart phones, laptops and desktops have calendars but I prefer to have a calendar hanging on a wall or the back of a door.
I look forward each year to hanging a new calendar even if its only a free calendar from the local newspaper like this calendar.
Nice shot, and it reminded me of the perpetual calendar that my mom has... I'll post a shot of that!

So that's what they look like -- the calendar over my computer is still set to April 2008:confused::D

Had a pause in activities to deal with the wet, heavy snow we got last night (12-15"). It sure is pretty to look at though...

Attachments

Had a pause in activities to deal with the wet, heavy snow we got last night (12-15"). It sure is pretty to look at though...

You're right Paul. It does look good. I'm just glad we don't have it here right now.

Here's the calendar as it is today. There are wooden blocks that allow you to put in holidays and special events:

Here's the calendar as it is today. There are wooden blocks that allow you to put in holidays and special events:

Nice shot of the calendar, Paul. What will you do with the calendar in April, July and December of 2017?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom