CS #535 - Traces...

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
What a unique theme Klaus! Hoping to get some time to participate. Great examples, BTW. Will have to think hard about this one...

After a dusting of snow last night, I was getting ready to refill our bird feeders when I noticed a dozen wild turkeys gleaning yesterday’s spilled seed under one of the feeders. The group included this “handsome”:confused: male. [shot through my bay window]

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

While I was retrieving a camera, a snow squall started. It was masking the tracks rapidly, and this was the best trace I could find.:(

After a dusting of snow last night, I was getting ready to refill our bird feeders when I noticed a dozen wild turkeys gleaning yesterday’s spilled seed under one of the feeders. The group included this “handsome”:confused: male. [shot through my bay window]

While I was retrieving a camera, a snow squall started. It was masking the tracks rapidly, and this was the best trace I could find.:(

Nice set Bob! We're getting hammered right now with snow. One foot already today (it's 1:30pm) and still coming down hard. No tracks to be found, even from my snowblower, right after I finished. :(

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus

Bob, that footprint looks like a T-Rex to me :eek:.

Wonderful picture
Klaus

We got pummeled with snow yesterday, about 18" in this area. I took Charley out for his morning bathroom run and to get the newspaper. It was only 7 degrees F out there, but we left some traces of our expedition.

Walking towards the mailbox on the freshly shoveled walkway (with some drifting over night):

Charley was leaping through the snow, coming back from the woods and left this trace of his body and leash:

Once inside, it was so cold that snow on the three season porch is nowhere near melting:

We got pummeled with snow yesterday, about 18" in this area. I took Charley out for his morning bathroom run and to get the newspaper. It was only 7 degrees F out there, but we left some traces of our expedition.

Walking towards the mailbox on the freshly shoveled walkway (with some drifting over night):

Charley was leaping through the snow, coming back from the woods and left this trace of his body and leash:

Once inside, it was so cold that snow on the three season porch is nowhere near melting:
Looks like some of J-luc's shots from Colorado.:)
Just curious, Paul -- how do your solar panels fair with this much snow?

Looks like some of J-luc's shots from Colorado.:)
Just curious, Paul -- how do your solar panels fair with this much snow?
Good news and bad news...

The good news is that the rail system is rated for huge amounts of snow, so no issue there. In addition, the surface is so smooth that snow quickly slides off and doesn't build up much. It is already clear today, and being sunny, is generating power.

The bad news is that, for a 5-6 foot swath about 3 feet away from the house we end up with 2x the amount of snow, which is typically packed more, because of the two story drop. Makes shoveling in a 12'x6' area tougher on our deck.

Wore my snowshoes to fill to the bird feeders.

Wore my snowshoes to fill to the bird feeders.

Oh bird feeders... I thought maybe you were doing like my dog Charley this morning and going off into the woods to go to the bathroom. :)

Nice shots BTW. You're dedicated, given the snow and cold today.

We only get snow showers yesterday, leaving traces of snow in the moss...

...and traces of something in the frozen puddles

We only get snow showers yesterday, leaving traces of snow in the moss...

...and traces of something in the frozen puddles

Great set Jim! I'll be glad to send you some of my snow... my back would appreciate it too!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom