Featured CS #540 - Food

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by Gordo, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    OK ladies and gents, a simple CS for the week.

"Food"

This can be prepared food, food in the raw, food on the hoof. Food in your home, at a store, served at or a restaurant, or a street cart. Snacks or a full meal. Snapshots, full product photos, and anything in between are fine.

The usual rules for Collective Shoots are in play, please make sure to post photos taken during the theme.

2. A quick snap of one of my typical breakfasts, homemade granola (with cashews) on a banana with a travel mug of coffee, not because I'm going anywhere but it keeps the coffee hot. They're standing on a 1930's Hoosier that's served me well for 40 odd years.

Larry

td9at-fsunJDPF7LjmcAvxV3ViFFDN4gfxcVBRPM1ZiN2rntuLbJ6bTnU2DaFddl6l4-F1enl4KTaQYDZou=w905-h999-no.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Larry - the granola looks tasty. :)

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    ;)I knew I'd forgotten something this morning -- thank you

5. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    :D

6. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Some large-curd cottage cheese atop a pineapple slice, with some coarse ground pepper.

original.

7. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Great theme! I love food! I don't have my camera with me (traveling), but will ponder using my phone a bit, until I get back home next week.

8. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Looks good! Glad I already had breakfast.

9. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Nice closeup shot Gordo. Never thought of having cottage cheese with pineapple. I usually just have it plain.

10. looks good apart from the pepper - actually it looks pretty but to me the pepper wouldn't taste good.

Larry

11. Never mind about the food for a minute -- excuse me while I interrupt this thread! Larry, I'm intrigued by your mention of the Hoosier Cabinet! I have an antique Golden Oak Sellers cabinet (not sure of vintage) which I dearly love and which in my small condo serves me well as a storage space and extra table space when I pull the enamel-surface table out.....

No images to show of tonight's dinner -- Garlic Chicken -- maybe over the next few days I can come to grips with shooting photos of food in one way or another.....

12. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Paul - phone photos work for me if you want to do them.

Thanks Paul. Just adds a different flavor to the mix.

Thanks Larry - different tastes and all, I like fresh pepper. On almost everything. :)

13. Gordo -- another Pepper fan here! I love it on cottage cheese, it really perks up what otherwise is a fairly bland taste -- and nothing better than pepper and lemon over fish!

14. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    This evening's dinner - stuffed salmon and broccoli, baked, with coarse ground pepper and a dash of lemon juice.

original.

15. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hi Connie! We posted almost the same time. :D

Don't worry about the slight hijack, and feel free to post as soon as you want with the foods.

16. I'm going to a Ukranian Easter dinner again this year and my contribution will be paska, a traditional decorated Easter bread. I figured I'd better practice after last year's didn't look as good as I would have liked. Making nice long dough ropes for braiding is a challenge! This one is close, the next one will be better.

Larry

_FFB4973.JPG

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    You're all terriffic! :confused:
    Every time I look to your pictures I'll gain weight... :eek:(n)
    No good theme. :whistle:

But wonderful pictures and ideas to prepare a dinner for my wife and me. :):D:p

Thanks for showing
    Klaus

18. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    LOL you made me burst a hernia. The words easter dinner and paska in the same sentence was too much. Lost my appetite. :eek:

(Someone interested why, just translate the word paska from finnish into english with google translate. Funny things happen in a multilingual world.)

Anyway, I digress, so back to business. I'll be waiting for the pictures!

19. Odd. I thought Finns never laughed or smiled (based on seeing Finnish Formula 1 drivers):). The origins of the Finnish language are different from the romantic, Slavic and Germanic languages. Paska has to be related to pasque which means Easter.

I don't know why you couldn't see the picture because it was there for me. It must be something to do with Google photos. I've uploaded it directly.

Larry

20. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I echo the sentiments stated by Klaus -- these images are too enticing;)
    BTW: Anyone think of reviving Leigh's old recipe thread??