CS #541 - By the Riverside

Welcome to the 541st edition of the Collective Shoot; this week the theme is whatever you can find around your nearest river, be it a tiny creek or a raging torrent.

There are fishermen:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
]

Boats, floating and otherwise: [url=https://flic.kr/p/KZZvW5]
TdS_20160813_563 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

The occasional warship:

Plus bridges:

NUBCvDUBC_20160507_0189 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

And even the occasional postbox:

TdS_20160813_306 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

I'm sure you can find much more :D
[/URL]

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great theme Al!
My wife is on duty at the weekend and I got some ideas how I'll spend the time now...

Regards
Klaus

Welcome to the 541st edition of the Collective Shoot; this week the theme is whatever you can find around your nearest river, be it a tiny creek or a raging torrent.

There are fishermen:
]

Boats, floating and otherwise:
TdS_20160813_563 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

The occasional warship:

Plus bridges:

NUBCvDUBC_20160507_0189 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

And even the occasional postbox:

TdS_20160813_306 by AlJ1964, on Flickr

I'm sure you can find much more :D
Interesting theme Al, and great examples!

This small creek is a tributary of Sinking Creek in Giles County, VA. The photo is from the Appalachian Trail bridge near Level Green Church.

You see near the bottom of the picture the remains of an old beaver dam. At one time it flooded the entire area there (where the grass is matted). This necessitated the construction of a walkway and foot bridge to keep hikers out of the water.

This small creek is a tributary of Sinking Creek in Giles County, VA. The photo is from the Appalachian Trail bridge near Level Green Church.

You see near the bottom of the picture the remains of an old beaver dam. At one time it flooded the entire area there (where the grass is matted). This necessitated the construction of a walkway and foot bridge to keep hikers out of the water.

Do you see the same dryness that we see here, with water levels low for streams, ponds, and lakes?

Do you see the same dryness that we see here, with water levels low for streams, ponds, and lakes?
Not extremely so, but it has been pretty dry this winter. We've had only about 7-10 inches of snow this winter. Total liquid precipitation for February was 1.0 inches, and we've only had about 1.5 inches so far in March.

Fine shots Jim, we're off to a flying start :D

We have no real rivers in our county, but there are two small streams that cross my farm. The winter storms were rough on some of the trees lining the banks – here’s a quick shot of damage near the confluence of the streams.

We have no real rivers in our county, but there are two small streams that cross my farm. The winter storms were rough on some of the trees lining the banks – here’s a quick shot of damage near the confluence of the streams.

Nice shot Bob. The trees do look pretty battered.

While out along my stream today, I decided to take advantage of the situation and try a 3-D image. This version requires the red and cyan glasses. My apologies to those who don’t have the glasses – I attempted to create a side-by-side version but my eyes were not cooperating and I couldn’t make any necessary adjustments. [I will post the side-by-side version if there is any interest.]

While out along my stream today, I decided to take advantage of the situation and try a 3-D image. This version requires the red and cyan glasses. My apologies to those who don’t have the glasses – I attempted to create a side-by-side version but my eyes were not cooperating and I couldn’t make any necessary adjustments. [I will post the side-by-side version if there is any interest.]

Came out well Bob! I had to dig a bit to find my glasses...but it was worth it.

Thanks guys

My eyes seem to be working better this morning, and the side=by=side version is working for me. [center you vision on the image pair; cross your eyes; and relax]

Last edited:
Works nicely.

Fredriksfors Ironworks, est. 1771, has been restored nicely and is an open air museum area. Unfortunately closed until summer, so we couldn't see and shoot much. This is about half an hour from my home town.

20170325-_P3F1776b by foppa2011, on Flickr

20170325-_P3F1782b by foppa2011, on Flickr

20170325-_P3F1783b by foppa2011, on Flickr

20170325-_P3F1759b by foppa2011, on Flickr

20170325-_P3F1770b by foppa2011, on Flickr

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom