CS #557 - Stripes and lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I keep looking, but I keep running into a...
DSC_3809sm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
In the garden...

cs-557-9702.jpg

Some subtle lines in the flower...
cs-557-9699.jpg

Nice idea and shot Bob. I'm jealous! Most of my shots with lines, requiring a good alignment, look like a scene from a Batman episode. :)
Thanks, Paul.
It's not hard to misalign things when hand holding the camera. In case you're not familiar with the PS correction procedure, a correction method originally devised by Winfried Schwolgin for use with Picture Window Pro is discussed on the second page of this thread. In that same thread, Kap (Bandnuts) discusses a Photoshop adaptation of Winfried’s method. It should be noted that use of perspective warp transformations can alter the aspect ratio of the image and it does involve resampling of the image. It is therefore best done before cropping the image and it should be followed by sharpening.

Real Name
Paul
Thanks, Paul.
It's not hard to misalign things when hand holding the camera. In case you're not familiar with the PS correction procedure, a correction method originally devised by Winfried Schwolgin for use with Picture Window Pro is discussed on the second page of this thread. In that same thread, Kap (Bandnuts) discusses a Photoshop adaptation of Winfried’s method. It should be noted that use of perspective warp transformations can alter the aspect ratio of the image and it does involve resampling of the image. It is therefore best done before cropping the image and it should be followed by sharpening.
Cool idea. My problem is mostly holding the camera level. Sometimes it's minor, sometimes I need to rotate in Lightroom to correct it. My Fuji has a horizon line, so no problems there, but the D700 is another story.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Cool idea. My problem is mostly holding the camera level. Sometimes it's minor, sometimes I need to rotate in Lightroom to correct it. My Fuji has a horizon line, so no problems there, but the D700 is another story.
Paul, are we twins?
I'm shooting the D700 too and most of my pictures are tilting to the right. Curious... :):D
I believe Nikon give the sensor a lead angle. o_O

Regards
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
This road by our house is about 17 years old. This crack runs the length of the road, right down the middle. Must be the seam between two strips of pavement poured...
cs-557-9703.jpg

These stripes concealed my movements well enough that I could peek between them and watch the hummingbirds work over the nearby rose of Sharon flowers.

DSC_3811sm.jpg

Roof tiles early this morning:
WP_20170716_01.jpg

Fences & features at the local park:
WP_20170716_05.jpg

WP_20170716_20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom