CS #561 - Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Michael
Numbers. Seems like almost anything we do in today's technology driven digital universe involves numbers in one way or another. Whether it is as simple as a postal box or as sophisticated as a super computer threshing zeroes and ones, numbers seem to be everywhere.

So this week's theme is numbers. The numbers do not have to be the primary focus of the shot as long as they are clearly visible. Turn loose your imagination and have some fun with this one

Real Name
Paul
Thursday was my mom's birthday...good timing...
mom-5439.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

mom-5447.jpg

When I retired in 1994, I took off my watch – time was banished from my world. That attitude worked for more than 20 years. Now, however, I find that many of the doctors, lawyers, and shop keepers with whom I’m forced to deal expect my schedule to be synchronized with theirs.:wacky: This new-fangled clock that my DIL hung on our kitchen wall helps, but it doesn’t take care of the required appointments.:arghh:

DSC_3897sm.jpg

My husband's favorite numbers
IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG
I have lots of little collections of interesting stuff. Ok, interesting to me, but that counts, right?? lol

This is one of my older watches. It's a salesman's sample from the Illinois Watch Company. At least that's what I was told it is, it has a glass back so you can see the movement. Lots of numbers on the back too.

Real Name
Paul
When I retired in 1994, I took off my watch – time was banished from my world. That attitude worked for more than 20 years. Now, however, I find that many of the doctors, lawyers, and shop keepers with whom I’m forced to deal expect my schedule to be synchronized with theirs.:wacky: This new-fangled clock that my DIL hung on our kitchen wall helps, but it doesn’t take care of the required appointments.:arghh:

Interesting story Bob. Kudos to you for not being a slave to the clock.

Real Name
Paul
View attachment 1582957 I have lots of little collections of interesting stuff. Ok, interesting to me, but that counts, right?? lol

This is one of my older watches. It's a salesman's sample from the Illinois Watch Company. At least that's what I was told it is, it has a glass back so you can see the movement. Lots of numbers on the back too.
Great close up of the watch. Would love to see the back of that watch.

The end of numbers as I knew them!

I have studied, worked with and taught statistics since 1972. For much of that time my software of choice was SPSS, now owned by IBM. Starting with punch cards and mainframe computers and ending with PC/Mac versions for the past 25 years or so. I retired from teaching in mid-May this year, and this morning I was helping a colleague with some analysis and got this message from my software (excuse the very crappy iPhone snap; haven't even started my coffee yet :eek: ):

IMG_2241.jpg

I have NO plans to invest in a new license :):D.

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
The end of numbers as I knew them!

I have studied, worked with and taught statistics since 1972. For much of that time my software of choice was SPSS, now owned by IBM. Starting with punch cards and mainframe computers and ending with PC/Mac versions for the past 25 years or so. I retired from teaching in mid-May this year, and this morning I was helping a colleague with some analysis and got this message from my software (excuse the very crappy iPhone snap; haven't even started my coffee yet :eek: ):

View attachment 1582966

I have NO plans to invest in a new license :):D.
Time to reset your computer's date to last year :)

Numbers, what we used to get them in to a mainframe computer:

IMG_2261_00001.jpg

Cool shot! You've peaked my curiosity with the amp...
The stack. And in case you're observant, yes, that is a China cabinet next to it. And custom drapes behind it. No, we don't have a well furnished music room, we have a stack in the dining room.

IMG_1311.JPG

Great close up of the watch. Would love to see the back of that watch.
Here's a quick with my iPhone. When I have the studio set up later this week I'll try to remember to get a good one.

IMG_1393.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom