CS #565 - Shadows and Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mere shadows of the picture in my mind

Well this was a total failure:

In my minds' eye at the moment of exposure, I envisioned a luxurious B&W conversion.
Try as I might, it just doesn't cut it....original below

The shadows under the leaves just don't do much for the picture. Oh well, possibly it was too
much coffee OR not enough Lyndt Chocolate in my diet:LOL:

View attachment 1585459

In my minds' eye at the moment of exposure, I envisioned a luxurious B&W conversion.

View attachment 1585460

The shadows under the leaves just don't do much for the picture. Oh well, possibly it was too
been there, done that, didn't work out any better. Perhaps you could try Valrhona, it works for me. Scotch or wine?

Actually I have a huge collection of failed cacti shots, kind of a prickly subject.

Last edited:

View attachment 1585459

View attachment 1585460

Doctors say, one ounce of dark chocolate per day is good for you... :)
Do you think a shallower depth of field would help (maybe less distraction from background)? Tough call though, the color really adds to the picture.

I don't think this rock would look as good without the shadow.
View attachment 1585466
Wow! Freaky! At first glance, with the shadow, it looked like the boulder was hanging out suspended in the air, from the larger rock formation, only touching at the end with the shadow. Either it is an optical illusion, or I need some tea this morning... :)

Wow! Freaky! At first glance, with the shadow, it looked like the boulder was hanging out suspended in the air, from the larger rock formation, only touching at the end with the shadow. Either it is an optical illusion, or I need some tea this morning... :)
Thanks for commenting Paul. The rock is fairly flat on the bedrock but the angle of the sun and my use of a 16-28 lens without lens correction does give the rock a projecting look. I would usually run the photo through DXO's lens correction software but I don't have that software on my laptop. I tried Photoshop CC lens correction but it doesn't have my camera as an option so the results were no different from the posted photo.

been there, done that, didn't work out any better. Perhaps you could try Valrhona, it works for me. Scotch or wine?

Actually I have a huge collection of failed cacti shots, kind of a prickly subject.
I think my mistake was in not obtaining the right lighting at the scene, ie trusting my post processing software too much. Thanks, will look up that Valrhona software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom