CS #565 - Shadows and Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tree bark can create some interesting shadow effects:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So glad you are back with us, thanks for joining in. I like them all, but #2 is my favorite.
I like the way the net thingie seems is shown completely in the shadow rather than the direct image...neat!
Come to think of it, what is it?

The Fusilier picture is a good interpretation of the shadows theme. Not to get political, but it
bothers me that here in the U.S. we are intent on tearing down war memorials.
--Oh well, back to photography.

So glad you are back with us, thanks for joining in. I like them all, but #2 is my favorite.
I like the way the net thingie seems is shown completely in the shadow rather than the direct image...neat!
Come to think of it, what is it?

The Fusilier picture is a good interpretation of the shadows theme. Not to get political, but it
bothers me that here in the U.S. we are intent on tearing down war memorials.
--Oh well, back to photography.
Cheers Ed :D

It's a swing in the local park ;)

The Fusiliers plaque is a recent addition to the memorial, added during the recent refurbishment of the park...

Hurricane IRMA left me a million of these, DSL in and out. We only lost 2 trees, but in the whole forest they had to fall over the swimming hole. Desperate for a subject I am.

Remember when a gig cost a $1000. I thought my first card was a 256 Mb that cost me nearly $300, but this super fast card was all I could find.

If we really want that trip down memory-technology lane - how about Control Data in suburban Minneapolis making 26 inch computer disks - the first rotating magnetic memory from 1965-66? I don't know the capacity, I was just a machinist at the time.

a few shadows and a reflection. A sculpture in the Leo Mol sculpture garden in Winnipeg.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom