CS #569 - 50mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one should be easy. Post pictures of anything made with a 50mm lens, or 35mm on a DX format camera. Prime lenses are preferred, but if you don't have a 50mm prime just set your zoom to 50mm.

Back in the days when I got my first SLR camera 50mm was considered a standard lens and that is what most people used for everything. In 1969 my wife and I toured Europe for three weeks with an SLR and a 50mm prime lens (actually since it was a Minolta SRT 101, it may have been 55mm). It is a very versatile focal length and I encourage everyone to get reacquainted with it.

Original photos only, please, meaning those taken between 12:01 AM Thursday October 5th and 12:00 midnight on Wednesday October 11th.

I see no need for examples.

Hi Larry. I got it a bit wrong so I'm glad you asked the questions. It was put up for sale in 2014 and eventually withdrawn last year due to a lack of "serious" offers. The proposed sale caused a bit of a
hoo-hah because Blencathra is a popular mountain walk. Anyway, there would be quite a few restrictions on an owner because of public access requirements and "The Friends of Blencathra" were very relieved when it was taken off the market. You will be able to find more info via google if you wish. The acreage on offer was 2677 and the asking price was £1.75 million. Thing is, can you afford this AND a D850?

Hi Larry. I got it a bit wrong so I'm glad you asked the questions. It was put up for sale in 2014 and eventually withdrawn last year due to a lack of "serious" offers. The proposed sale caused a bit of a
hoo-hah because Blencathra is a popular mountain walk. Anyway, there would be quite a few restrictions on an owner because of public access requirements and "The Friends of Blencathra" were very relieved when it was taken off the market. You will be able to find more info via google if you wish. The acreage on offer was 2677 and the asking price was £1.75 million. Thing is, can you afford this AND a D850?
Thanks. It would be great if a philanthropist bought it and turned it into a nature reserve. I imagine a walk up there would be delightful. I don't think my finances stretch quite that far :)

Larry

Thanks. It would be great if a philanthropist bought it and turned it into a nature reserve. I imagine a walk up there would be delightful. I don't think my finances stretch quite that far :)

Larry

It's already rather like that. Open land, freedom to roam - for everyone and everything. That's what people were afraid of losing. On the other hand the Lowther family, who have owned it for something like 400 years, still need money to pay an inheritance tax bill. Round and round we go.

Good subject Jim. It got me out. Dry weather for a change also helped! Here are some of a church that has stood since around AD 950. St Bega's Church by the side of Bassenthwaite lake.

23662063978_25f4b3a22b_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
St Bega's Church, Bassenthwaite by warth man, on Flickr

37483126062_c31d676c69_h.jpg
St Bega's Church 5 by warth man, on Flickr

36805628474_b7495ee16a_h.jpg
St Bega's Church 6 by warth man, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom