CS #575 - November weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi folks, short in time, I'll suggest an allround theme:

Show that typical November weather in your region.

Samples will follow.

Kind regards
Klaus

Thanks for stepping up Klaus I was just thinking about doing it.

Hmmm, am in California where “weather” has been outlawed
It’s even bright and sunny this morning...great walking weather. Possibly I will take my camera on my trek.

As an aside, got to help a good friend outfit a Nikon DSLR (3400?). She is a teenager so took him to get a uv protection filter and gave here some unused gear for accessories (Monopod and bag). Showed him how to format the memory card and set the dial for full auto and P mode. Looking forward to seeing her creations!

Pretty typical day in St. George, UT. I thought the blue sky and fall foliage along with the flag would be appropriate for a mid-November picture.

USA Flag 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D2H, 17-55mm f2.8G ED, Image taken in my front yard today.

Last edited:
Very nice, Gordon.
After all of my complaining, we actually had a little sunshine today, but I was too busy trying to catch up on other matters.
Thanks Bob. I changed the image above to one that had a little better focus. We are having lovely weather for the early part of November and it was actually quite warm this morning.

A quickie –

No sooner than I had posted my somewhat pessimistic comment above than I decided to do something about it. We still have a few places where October’s colors are hanging on – this is the view from our front porch looking across the highway. Yes, there’s even a hint of color in the sky – it’s almost never as good as the St. George Utah sky:(.

DSC_4059sm.jpg

A quickie –

No sooner than I had posted my somewhat pessimistic comment above than I decided to do something about it. We still have a few places where October’s colors are hanging on – this is the view from our front porch looking across the highway. Yes, there’s even a hint of color in the sky – it’s almost never as good as the St. George Utah sky:(.

Like your frame Bob, it is perfect for that image.

Anticipation

At first glance from the road, this star magnolia’s response to November weather appears very much like that of most trees and bushes – the leaves are turning brown and dropping to the ground. However, get a little closer and it is obvious that something else is happening too. Yes, those are flower buds! The star magnolia is the first magnolia to bloom in Spring, and it is already getting ready.

DSC_4062sm.jpg

A quickie –

That definitely looks like November, and the oval frame is perfect.

Two examples of typical November weather here in the Southern Appalachians...

1. Our Thursday hiking group gathers under a brilliant blue sky Nov. 16
_D722850_DxO-XL.jpg

2. Virginia Tech football fans enjoy a tailgate picnic under threatening skies Saturday Nov. 18
_D722867_DxO-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Anticipation

At first glance from the road, this star magnolia’s response to November weather appears very much like that of most trees and bushes – the leaves are turning brown and dropping to the ground. However, get a little closer and it is obvious that something else is happening too. Yes, those are flower buds! The star magnolia is the first magnolia to bloom in Spring, and it is already getting ready.

Very typical of November, thanks for sharing.

Two examples of typical November weather here in the Southern Appalachians...

1. Our Thursday hiking group gathers under a brilliant blue sky Thursday Nov. 16
View attachment 1590787

2. Virginia Tech football fans enjoy a tailgate picnic under threatening skies Saturday Nov. 18
View attachment 1590788
Good pictures Jim and certainly scenes indicative of November all across America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom